GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to GTI

Crave1

Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Good afternoon everyone, I just purchased an '07 GTI/ Rabbit over the weekend. It has cold air intake already in place. I'm currently working on doing the timing belt/water pump since I was unable to verify that it had been done by previous owners and its sitting at 143k miles right now. After doing this along with spark plugs and a valve cover gasket I had planned on looking into tuning the vehicle. I'm just curious if there is a way to find out if it had already been tuned or not. Is there a way to find this out?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Check your cam follower if you have not done so already............. Do you have access to a scan tool, you could do a pull in 4th gear from 1500 rpm to redline or do it in 3rd gear if you do not have the space for a 4th gear run. Be safe and have someone else do the logging for you...If you have a boost gauge you can also use that.

You can also try the known tuning companies and provide your VIN and see if they have any info on your car.

Crave1

Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I work for a car dealership, the techs here have scan tools. I'll ask one of them and see if they can hook it up and find out for me.