GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New suspension parts today :)

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
So had some fun today fitting some parts to my Golf TSi.
Front shocks were on the way out so replaced them with some Bilstein B6s and fitted a set of Golf GTi springs front and rear that I picked up for $25.
Whilst it was on the hoist I fitted deadset kits front and rear - was interesting to see how much the frames shifted once centred. Am looking forward to seeing the wheel alignment change to see if it evens up a bit.

A quick run after the work and what a difference. The GTi is a lot stiffer than a TSi, that’s for sure. But the ride control is almost perfect. The reduction in roll is great, as is the increase in steering feel. As we use this car for long trips I didn’t want to lower it or have overly stiff suspension, so this setup is near perfect for my needs. Will add a beefier rear sway bar and that’ll be it I’d say.
Only other suspension change is the Clubsport LCA bushes when the standard ones wore out.

Even got my wife’s approval in the change of ride - important as she drives it daily :D

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Good stuff. So much of the GTI suspension is interchangeable and can often be found for cheap as GTI folks head for the aftermarket. I have GTI springs and Konis on my sportwagen and I'm happy with ride height and ride quality. The GTI rear bar is a cheap but noticeable improvement as well.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Get the RS3 bushings instead. Much easier to source and pretty cheap. Pressing them is going to be a bit of a bitch because they don't press to a flat surface, they're offset by 3.5mm, so you need to get a guide or a stop machined up which is annoying. The dealer near me wanted to charge a full hour to press out old ones and press in new ones with the LCAs already off the car, which is BS, but is what it is.

Rollux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 1.4TSi
Get the RS3 bushings instead. Much easier to source and pretty cheap. Pressing them is going to be a bit of a bitch because they don't press to a flat surface, they're offset by 3.5mm, so you need to get a guide or a stop machined up which is annoying. The dealer near me wanted to charge a full hour to press out old ones and press in new ones with the LCAs already off the car, which is BS, but is what it is.

I already have the clubsport bushes installed - did it in about 2 hours including taking the arms out and reinstalling.
And the Clubsport bushes were cheaper than stock at $40NZD/pair

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I already have the clubsport bushes installed - did it in about 2 hours including taking the arms out and reinstalling.
And the Clubsport bushes were cheaper than stock at $40NZD/pair

Ah, you're in New Zealand. For us in the IS clubsport bushes means sourcing them from Europe.