GOLFMKV

New South Performance column pod

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Finally, the first boost gauge pod out there.:clap:
See http://www.newsouthperformance.com/Mk5pod.htm

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
C'mon it has to be blue, and they also have tri-LED's that will make the blue brighter to match the dashboard lighting.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Why is it black? Our steering columns are grey. I really don't want to paint it.

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
From their web site: "Molded from ABS and matched in color and gloss, the ColumnPod™ looks like an OEM installation."

What exactly is it blocking?
+7K rpms (where you'll rarely be) and a small part of the gas gauge (which I don't use anymore, instead I use the 'miles till empty' function on the MFD).

GTI2007

Nurendra said:
From their web site: "Molded from ABS and matched in color and gloss, the ColumnPod™ looks like an OEM installation."

What exactly is it blocking?
+7K rpms (where you'll rarely be) and a small part of the gas gauge (which I don't use anymore, instead I use the 'miles till empty' function on the MFD).

You seem to have a weird version of the GTI because in the European GTI the left one is the oil temperature gauge and the right one is the gas gauge. So it would block the red coloured RPM-zone and a part of the oil temperature gauge.

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Oops, you're right :redface: Sorrrrrry!
So it's blocking the redline rpm's and the lower range of the coolant temp. Still, no ranges that I need to see regularly.

Last edited:

GTI2007

You are right about that. It's only blocking ranges you don't need to see 99 times out of 100. To me it's just a personal thing that I don't like the way it's positioned. I would rather put a boost gauge together with 2 others above my middle air vents like in the RSS gauge podcluster and have a total free dash.

Sp00nman

Dubhead Extraordinaire
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
Just ordered mine!!!!
Wonder how long it will take to get here

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Let us know how well it matches.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
x3 as I have stated in other threads. Anyone know if they are selling them yet?