GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New sound from the engine..

cdwalls

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Alright so recently I have been noticing my car making this clicking sort of sound. Sometimes it increases with the revs but sometimes I don't hear it.
here is the sound, can anyone help? usually only hear it at parking lot speeds.
http://tinypic.com/r/1zdamhl/6
Also on occasions I hear a teakettle like noise that sometimes raises with the rpms at parking lot speeds. Any idea what these could be??
Sketches me out

Shades

Ready to race!
Video doesn't work for me but might be fuel lines rattling. Check out my video, will have to search through my history of a thread I made. Turn out it was the fuel lines... Easy fix if that's what it is.

cdwalls

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Video doesn't work for me but might be fuel lines rattling. Check out my video, will have to search through my history of a thread I made. Turn out it was the fuel lines... Easy fix if that's what it is.

no my fuel line rattle too lol. behind the glove box? its a bit different than that

xatnys360

Ready to race!
Audio quality isn't good enough to say for sure. Two likely suspects are fuel line rattle (there's a TSB on this) and exhaust. If it's the latter, it is probably the connector piece that links the catback to the downpipe. It's located just in front of the rear wheels and has 2 13mm nuts that lock the two pieces together. I've read other reports of one of these nuts working loose and creating exhaust leaks. If you get the car up on jack stands or ramps, you should be able to better locate the sound.

vagike

Taking a video in the dark doesn't help