GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New recall wiped out my chip?

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
I just took my car in for it's 35k service and they perfomed a recall update (03 I think) and now I have no chip at all. I know I set it to stock mode and locked it before I left my car. When I got it back and tried to unlock it nothing happened.... I tried everything but there is nothing there. Oh yea I have APR by the way..... Has this happened to anyone else?

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
yeah man. old news.... anytime the dealer flashes the ECU, you're gonna lose your tuned flash.

next time, tell them to notify you before flashing anything. Hopefully your APR dealer doesn't charge you for a re-flash, but expect to be out about $50

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
No I have had recalls done before and it never completely wiped out my chip...... I usually just throw it into stock mode, lock it, take it in, get it back, unlock it, and I'm good to go....

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
never heard of being able to "lock" a flash in. but I'm here to tell ya, they overwrote your APR file man. it's gone. just like APR replaced your stock VW file.

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
I just think it is weird that this is the only time it completely wiped out my chip. I've been to the dealership for so much shit, been flashed so many times, but my file was always there. Now it's like I was never chipped....

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
don't know what to tell ya man. but a dealer re-flash would definitely give you the feeling of having never been chipped. lol

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
No I have had recalls done before and it never completely wiped out my chip...... I usually just throw it into stock mode, lock it, take it in, get it back, unlock it, and I'm good to go....

then you dont have the OY update or got flashed after it was performed. OY and 03 reflash with new oem software. the other recalls dont flash the ECU. switching/locking ect will do nothing to stop it. Your in a database, when you go to get reflashed they can even tell if you were OY updated. all the (APR)dealer can do is charge a labor fee. almost EVERYONE with an 06-07' has had the OY update that wipes out your flash so it should be nothing new do your (APR) dealer.

good vs bad

Where's my Hasenpfeffer?
I just think it is weird that this is the only time it completely wiped out my chip. I've been to the dealership for so much shit, been flashed so many times, but my file was always there. Now it's like I was never chipped....

if you still had your APR flash after a VW visit, you were NOT flashed by VW.
no matter who flashes whom, all previous software on your ECU is erased (stock or chip, it doesn't matter).

APR, REVO, GIAC etc all erase VW's software and VW erases whatever chip is on there.
back and forth you go. :biggrin:

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG

THEN YOU DIDN'T GET THE RECALL PERFORMED!!

Everytime VW has an UPDATE you LOSE YOUR CHIP!!!

I had OY - 0020 to 0030 ECM update last year, and lost my chip..REVO reflash for free!

Then just recently i got the O3 Update for the INTAKE MOTOR FLAP..software update from 0030 to 0040...and the DEALER is SUPPOSE to have you SIGN a Letter stating that you are CHIPPED and that any ECM update will ERASE yor CHIP..and that VWoA is not LIABLE for any damages or cost that may incurr to reflash the vehicle.

Now I am just waiting for REVO to come out with their NEW software!!!!!

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
John you just broke your car....just kidding bud. That sucks. Looks like a trip to Canoga Park! GTG?

kingpin

Ruckus 101
dude john same thing happened to me. i got serviced about a week ago. When I got my car back, it felt chipped because I had forgot to set it back to stock mode when I went in. I now cant use the cruise control column to adjust chip settings and I have a check engine light again from my ATP DP

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
I had the OY done a week before I got chipped...... They never told me anything about this flash completely erasing my chip. They know I am modified too because they always ask whats new when I bring my car in..... Well Looks like it is time to go down to Canoga Ken.... My car feels like a snail right now :( Only boosting 15 PSI