GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
So for example, the 2007 A4 (B7) platforms have a K04 right made by Borg Warner? Since they are FSI?

No, they're basically like the FSI's in GTI's which have K03, technically K03S meaning K03 Sport. They never put the K04 into a factory B7 A4 with the FSI.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
HAHAHA :D Those are honda boys for ya! Respect lads, you guys are really proving what a 3071r can do on a rod safe file with revo stage 4!

For now my plans are nitrous and a port and polished k03, see what that can do and it will be back to the drawing board for me xD My car has always been track orientated, but at the momment, planning to set it up for the strip for a little while xD Yas Marina just opened the local strip here, but ill have to wait till after the blazing summer! It'll give me time to get things ready!

What are your plans to help yield traction suspension wise? Very stiff springs on the rear? What about the front?

Good luck TMS!

Going to start with 600 lbs Springs in the rear, then I will re-scale and string(ride height measurments) the car with the new slicks. Since the slicks are taller than the Dr's, I might have to adjust preload on the front for right now, don't really think it will be enough added preload for the need to swap out front springs yet, but I could be wrong. I think next big step foward will custom valving in the shocks. More agressive slow rebound in fronts and more compression in the rear.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
im kinda hoping for rods+ 5 more psi

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
im kinda hoping for rods+ 5 more psi

lol....Why add more power when ya can't hook what ya have?

Must say it felt kinda good blowing off the DR's like they were street tires, saturday night on that on launch...

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
because we can make up for our lack of traction with a 2 stage boost controller and MOAR POWA!

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
taking the easy way out.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Nitrous yo

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
You know, Jake still has that NOS Sniper kit that he hasn't installed on his 5.0 yet. I am sure He'll let you use it

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Almost......But no 11's. On a 110 degree day I was able to run a 12.07 and a few 12.1's car number 5

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
GT3071r on stock engine