New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

613B6

Ready to race!
Street tires...

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I need to post my most recent slip. It was a 13.7xx @ 107.xx with a 2.3 60' time. Taking it easy launching as it's on the original clutch at 126k.

New clutch should be getting installed next weekend and I'll probably run next spring. I think if I can get my launch down and with the lighter SMF, I can get a 110 trap. My car was slightly heat soaked with that 107 trap because normally when it's 40 or 50 out, the clutch slips in 3rd gear and up and it was not slipping that day at all (65 outside).

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The track season is upon us and with all of the F23T hype, I'd love to see some actual runs. As soon as I get my issues resolved, I'll be hitting the strip...I'd love to see the frankenturbos getting some 11s!

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Bump. Still no Frankenturbo or DM K04+ runs?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I could only do 13.51 with heavy 18" 3sdm wheels :(.. Balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What were your traps and 60fts?

I guess I feel a little better about my 13.7 with misfires, on heavy Hufs and all-seasons.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Oh, that was some insane corvette I was up against btw. Also, I was having problems with the launch control, it would never set up. I had literally 2 seconds tops after I approached the line to launch the car

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
107 trap? Are you having issues with your car? Thats stage 2+ speed...

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
107 trap? Are you having issues with your car? Thats stage 2+ speed...

No idea. I'm not running the correct spark plugs, other than that I would say the car runs fine

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
my car is still not tuned properly. at the end of the summer i'll be heading to the track hopefully 100% tuned and will have some times. again i will be full weight with stretched street tires

i'd really like to get into the 12s but i'm not sure if i'm that good a driver

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I think I have my timing issues resolved (new IE valve cover), but I have to wait until I break in my clutch to run logs. I'm very curious of what the franken can do in the way of trap speed, ETs are dependent on too many factors for me to care.

I'm still feeling real good that I went K04 over Franky, but if you guys post some impressive traps, I'll have some humble pie.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
I think I have my timing issues resolved (new IE valve cover), but I have to wait until I break in my clutch to run logs. I'm very curious of what the franken can do in the way of trap speed, ETs are dependent on too many factors for me to care.

I'm still feeling real good that I went K04 over Franky, but if you guys post some impressive traps, I'll have some humble pie.

trap speed could be misleading though still no?

spinning the tires the first couple hundred feet can ruin the run still

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I'm running DMs "torque limiting" tune on 93.. Think that has anything to do with it? Other thiggs to consider would be the fact that my exhaust is 2.75" not 3"?