GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks. Most of the fast cars are going to be in the slicks class. Though I was told the person that won the last few times couldn’t hook half the track. (Turbo Nova) Most of the cars were 8 sec cars so he would just pace them the first half then blow by them the back half. Won’t be able baby launch and hang with me the first Half lol. Will be fun either way.

If that guys there you'll blow him away if he's running 8's. Please post videos.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
If that guys there you'll blow him away if he's running 8's. Please post videos.

Nah, he’s a pretty big power car, just can’t hook on “hard tires” the first part of the 1/8. Was saying most of the cars that compete run in the 8’s so he just paces them the first half then lays into it the 2nd half. Heads up so I’ll see if the DSG lag will hurt me too bad. (Pro tree, will leave as soon as I see yellow) Also 100% full weight tonight.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
No video, got knocked out 1st round by an LSX Datsun Z. Lmao

Did have a 6th gen Camaro SS with the 8spd jump to ask to line up as soon as I got there. Said he was stock, but I do know it had exhaust and slicks. Bet he wasn’t expecting that. Lol

Side note. The DSG with its lag is horrible at a pro tree.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No video, got knocked out 1st round by an LSX Datsun Z. Lmao

Did have a 6th gen Camaro SS with the 8spd jump to ask to line up as soon as I got there. Said he was stock, but I do know it had exhaust and slicks. Bet he wasn’t expecting that. Lol

Side note. The DSG with its lag is horrible at a pro tree.

What was your time? Why do you think there is so much lag off the line with the DSG's?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
What was your time? Why do you think there is so much lag off the line with the DSG's?

Nastyyyy lol. Against the Camaro was a freaking high 1.9 60’ and a 7.5@96, 2nd run was a high 1.7 60’ and 7.3@96. Can’t avoid the water box that track. Full weight and stupid me forgot I had 5GAL of E strapped down in the trunk. Cutout closed.

I’m sure the lag is there as a safety. I can get ready to launch. Hold my foot brake, pull the e brake button and floor the gas, and you can feel the whole car preload. Then let off the e brake and the car will start to go into launch control and right before it hits the set LC RPM I’ll let off the foot brake. It launches super hard and instant. Though it throws a trans overheating screen. That’s nothing I do or suggest doing, just noticed it playing around with stuff.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Idk what was up with that Z. On street tires and he straight up left me. Said it was just an LS 4.8. I’ve raced a bolt on 5.3 Fox on slicks and it wasn’t even close to being close. He had something going on. Lol. Idc, got to spend the day with my Dad so it’s all good.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Any of you peasants going to give me a run for my money while my car is put away for winter? This is no fun when no one else is trying to get record #s anymore.. Don't make me get an rs3 ?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Any of you peasants going to give me a run for my money while my car is put away for winter? This is no fun when no one else is trying to get record #s anymore.. Don't make me get an rs3 ?

Get something better than an RS3, peasant. Like a TT-RS. Haha ...Draglist looks like you need to catch up to manyyyyyy. Lol

“and don’t make me get an RS3” discredits any record on this forum you’re talking about. What records intertwine with an RS3?Haha

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Get something better than an RS3, peasant. Like a TT-RS. Haha ...Draglist looks like you need to catch up to manyyyyyy. Lol

“and don’t make me get an RS3” discredits any record on this forum you’re talking about. What records intertwine with an RS3?Haha

Lol no one's trying to go fast except the rs3/ttrs peeps anymore. I was actually thinking something like the Koenigsegg Jesko or McLaren Speedtail next.. As soon as I win the lottery ?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Lol no one's trying to go fast except the rs3/ttrs peeps anymore. I was actually thinking something like the Koenigsegg Jesko or McLaren Speedtail next.. As soon as I win the lottery ?

RS3s are starting to get pretty affordable.

It's at a point now where it's becoming cheaper to buy a clean used RS3 and do bolt ons instead of a new R and a decent big turbo setup.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

It's at a point now where it's becoming cheaper to buy a clean used RS3 and do bolt ons instead of a new R and a decent big turbo setup.

Yeah you can scoop one up for 48-49 these days. Very tempting especially since I'm paying for an Alltrack too. I kick myself every day. No way am I putting the R back to stock though. The wait continues..

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Lol. I almost got a TT-RS week before last, but they thought it was gods gift and they wouldn’t come down on price.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie

Maybe I’ve become a bit desensitized to the platform/power, but IMO it seems like the TTRS/RS3 has gone the way of the GTR; ie: if you’re not an Alpha 1,000+hp, then you’re garbage. Mid-600hp and mid-10’s is easy with a tune and a couple bolt on’s. But now you’re driving a 10sec $70,000 car that‘s in a class between the GTI’s/R’s and boosted V8’s. It’s expected that you’ll destroy the less expensive fun/modded cars (Focus ST/RS, GTI, etc), and in my experience they won’t even try to race me once they see the ’RS3’ tag. But you’re not making enough power to go run with the big boys (modified, boosted V8’s - not STOCK ZL1/Hellcats, they’re slow lol).

I used to not have any problems finding someone to race on the streets in my Golf R, but it’s nearly impossible in the RS3. If I’m super lucky, I’ll run into a modified SS or GT that thinks they’re fast - but even that’s far and few between :(

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Try racing at the dragstrip I guess. Where you get lined up with who you get lined up with...