GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New job = new car?????

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Started new job 2 weeks ago. No more bs insurance claims and driving from car to car all day.,
Flip side is I have to start driving my own car for work now and may have to go to customers houses or place of business with my car.
Added 1 hour commute and we get alot of snow.
Had considered buying a new car or keeping the GTI.
Found this-- W0uld be another 5 years of payments :thumbdown: but looks nice!!
2008 A5 S LINE.
Worth it? Would have to use the GTI as down payment :iono:

Attachments

• a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 375

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Inside was nice too!!

Attachments

• a5 inside.jpg
    a5 inside.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 261

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
36,xxx on the od. I went into insurance sales and will have to go to meet people a few times a week now and think I may look like an ahole in the GTI??? Im 33. Seems like everyone at my new work has a bmw.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Who cares, I have an "adult" job and drive a freakin' Orange GTI... my boss won't ride in it! Which is sweet so whenever we have to go somewhere together (often) he drives!

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Lol. We went to lunch already and someone was like we can take my saab?? It sucked. I kinda want AWD- My car has only 30000 on it and its a 2007 bc I used to have a company car.
Nice thing is if I trade I can expense miles.
On the other hand keeping the GTI which is paid for will just be profit for racking up the miles??
On a side note the wife said she doesnt care!!!! She just got a new SUV so she cant complain.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I get paid mileage on my GTI and I figure based on what it costs me to operate it I make money off of it.

If your GTI is paid off I say be patient. Think if you waited a year or so and saved some cash you could keep the GTI and get something nicer, or trade the GTI in with cash for something even better.

I'm not saying don't get a new car, I'm just arguing so we explore more possible outcomes.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
I'd take a newer A4 over the A5. Saab = GM so that guy has no taste anyway. I don't give a shit what people think about what type of car I have. I just get whatever makes me happy. Personally I'd get an STi over any Audi.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Kinda like the look of the A5 over the A4. Ive also had 2 A4's before.
I like the WRX but dont think I could deal with the interior.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Kinda like the look of the A5 over the A4. Ive also had 2 A4's before.
I like the WRX but dont think I could deal with the interior.

The new ones are way better, and honestly I think that's a way better car than anything VAG is making right now... The 2011 BASE WRX (NON-STi) is still a better performance car (and more moddable) than the new MK6 Golf R.

And you can get a BRAND NEW one for a considerable amount less than that used A5.

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
X2 on the a5 looks and the s line is no slouch. If OP is concerned with keeping up with the pretentious beemer crowd at his job than a5 is the wise career move. If he's gonna buck the system might as well stay in the GTI.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
I hear ya on the interior. STi is just my dream car and having a 1 yr old..funds aren't available for it right now. The A5 is def. a slick car..I see a lot of them on the road now. As you said, it seems like everyone has a BMW..but for good reason. Although, with BMW's new raised bumpers the looks of the Audi def. win now.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Just starting. Seems like an older crowd. Im used to claims and just different kind of job now. Im 33 and think the people are old. LOL.
Used to dirty polos and crawling under cars.
Now I have to wear and shirt and tie-- kinda sucks. But less hours and more $$$. Have a wife and need to do what I got to do to pay the bills.
I will miss autobody work..