GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here need some help - manual 6 speed

//caliber\\

Drag Race Newbie
Tell her that nobody is sure how much power the DSG can take in additional power from modding and you're going to build an HP monster so you're gonna need 6 speed manual tranny. :wink:

But seriously, the cheaper price reason (initially and for any potential repairs) might be one of the better reasons.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Dude telly you that you will not be dissapointed with the DSG on the GTI, with autostick and paddle shift it is the Bam Bam shizzle

jshoeboy13 said:
hey all...
I'm in need of a car and I'm thinking about getting a new GTI...but my parents (who are paying for a majority of the car) doesnt want me to get manual transmission... im trying to persuade them that it is better. Can you all give me some reason (and excuses) that might work lol. I really dont want to drive auto, stick is way more fun.

jshoeboy13

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
no im not 16 and this is my second car... the first was an audi a4 that i shared with my mom (tiptronic) ... and u guys all gave great reasons...i think I may actully have a fighting chance... and the fast reason was the best lol....i'll make sure to tell them to keep it down cause I cant hear my fast. :)

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
haha, glad to be of service.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
Dubdr said:
In some cases, a manual is cheaper. That might help. Also it is cheaper to fix a manual over a auto, and they need less maintenance.
yea cheaper as in $1,000 cheaper just about