GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI Owner

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
Just rolled off the lot today in an '06 GTI..I have to say at first I didn't know what to expect because it looked like a "cute" car but WOW. First test drive and I was grinnning from ear to ear. Handling, Acceleration, Exhaust note, etc..everything was awesome! Not sure about mods yet. Don't know too much about VWs. I have a modded BMW e30 as well. It will definitely be lower. The wheel gap is killing me. Getting a tint. What are some good beginner mods for the GTI?

mkvgtiiiii

AntiAir Revolution
Car(s)
static
stage 1 chip

Aphron

CW :)!
Congrats on the buy! First thing I would check is the cam follower, if you don't know what that is LEARN IT. Could save your engine :). Second I would look at your PCV and Diverter Valve (Common to fail, even on stock). Stage 1 Chip (Revo / Giac / Apr) Take your pick, best bang for the buck for fun factor. Then you could always Intake / Exhaust / DP / Springs / ETC, fun thing about the car is you can mod forever!

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
coilovers will definitely be my first. i've seen mixed reviews on fk coilovers. i like that link. coilovers for under $600 would be awesome but they have to have something different to be that cheap. i've seen several members with them and the stance looks nice. any other coilovers that price?

maionnaise

go big or go home
Car(s)
MkV
fk highsports are amazing and 90% of the people that are slammed on here us em, the other 10% are on bags lol.. i'd go "stage 1" next

btw since you have an 06, make sure ur cam follower is all good, there were a few other revisions that came up in the 08's that you may want to follow up with just to make sure everything is copasetic

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
Did some researchand ordered te highsports and an aux input kit(not factory!?). not sure if i'll be getting the stage 1 soon. don't want to affect my warranty.

Last edited:

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
ha, figured out why that exhaust note was so nice. it has an aftermarket EuroSport exhaust system on it. Anyone familiar with this exhaust? that saves $500!

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
fk highsports will be here monday. going on next week.

BreezyGTI

Ready to race!
thanks. here's some pics. i posted them in the UG color thread. they're photoshopped to see my desired ride height once the coils are installed.