GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Gti owner needs help

KingK3n87

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all.

Just found this site. I recently bought a 2011 GTI mk6. On the way home from work a EPC light was flashing up and car was saying go to workshop.
It stopped after few minutes but i am concerned.
Any advice be great.
Thanks in advance .

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 1.15.52 PM.png

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I don’t know where you’re at, but if you’re near an Autozone they’ll read codes for free. Getting the codes is the first step to figuring out what’s going on.

*edit* just looked, Dublin.... not sure if you’ve got an Autozone equivalent there?

KingK3n87

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks my mate has one ill get him to plug it in and tell me the code. Then I can revisit this. Just panicked only have it two weeks .

KingK3n87

Passed Driver's Ed
Message forwarded from other gti owner who is stuck.

Hi all, i have a 2010 golf 6 gti, after driving it for about 20 minutes, the check engine service and epc light flashes, and the car jerks, this happens every regularly at short intervals thereafter, i used VCDS threw out the camshaft sensor was the issue replaced but the car still does the same thing running out of options, help and advice will be appreciated

My question
KingK3n87

Did you get this problem sorted?

Jul 25, 2020 His response
Emkelawon

Hi no, still no luck at all, iv just done the timing chain and tensioner with still no luck

Can anyone help this person @Emkelawon owner with the issue

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
If you bought from a dealership are you not covered under some warranty or something? Do they have lemon laws in Dublin?

KingK3n87

Passed Driver's Ed
If you bought from a dealership are you not covered under some warranty or something? Do they have lemon laws in Dublin?
This question was a message I forwarded for a guy who put the question on the feed. His name is linked above
. He's from Durham it says on profile

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
This question was a message I forwarded for a guy who put the question on the feed. His name is linked above
. He's from Durham it says on profile
Understood... my question was for you however as you didnt state your issue was resolved.

KingK3n87

Passed Driver's Ed
Understood... my question was for you however as you didnt state your issue was resolved.
Sorry man my bad. My car was private sale. Never heard of lemon laws had to Google what it meant.
That error light has not come back up since only that one day