GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GLI impressions

Q822

Ready to race!
no XENON available.......Fu.k but very nice...needs another exhaust tips on the other side ...

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
It looks nice but I'm dissappointed that it didn't keep the red stripe front grill and still dosn't have the two seperate dual exhaust in the back. Overal it's still a pretty nice car. I still love my gti tho :) (It's kinda funny I use to love the gli's and hated the hatchback gti's but now it's kinda reversed I love the styling of the hatchback over the car look now) "Once you drive hatch you never go back" :laugh:

sukanas1

Ready to race!
still looks like a hyundai to me... im really worried as a new vw owner.. it may also be my last if vw keeps going in that direction.

edit:
i know hyundais are going in a new direction, but im talking about hyundai 5 years ago

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
looks nice. just needs an RNS510 and its good to go. if they have a diesel for the states it would be a good choice.

edit: i meant a diesel jetta not a diesel gli.

Last edited:

dibblet

Ready to race!
Can anyone tell me the purpose of this car - as far as where it fits into the lineup VW currently offers?

You have the Jetta and CC for sedan
Golf and GTI in the hatch category
EOS for a coupe.

Where will the GLI find a home, I can only assume it will replace the Jetta? or will it be priced between Jetta and CC?

MK6ART

Ready to race!
Can anyone tell me the purpose of this car - as far as where it fits into the lineup VW currently offers?

You have the Jetta and CC for sedan
Golf and GTI in the hatch category
EOS for a coupe.

Where will the GLI find a home, I can only assume it will replace the Jetta? or will it be priced between Jetta and CC?

GTI is to Golf as GLI is to Jetta

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Still not a big fan of the exterior. Glad to see the interior and suspension have been upgraded to the standards we expect from VW. The price is alot lower then the GTI. Kinda annoying.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I like the fact that they aren't making it a Carbon Copy of the GTI this time.

The MkV GLI was a copy of the GTI with a trunk.

The chrome Grille Stripe is something new... which I bet came from VW looking at the forums. What's the first thing some people do? Ditch the Red Stripe.

The single side exhaust; again, it doesn't need to be a carbon copy of the GTI.

Reused Charlestons; get over it. They reused the Denvers and Huffs on the GTI.

sukanas1

Ready to race!
The chrome Grille Stripe is something new... which I bet came from VW looking at the forums. What's the first thing some people do? Ditch the Red Stripe.

i doubt it. the forum is only a small percentage of car owners out there. im pretty sure they ditched the red stripe so that the gti can retain its signature look :)

edit:
sorry i skipped over the first part, so GLI's had red stripes?

Ramy87

Passed Driver's Ed
personally i think its sexxxxy, i would get it although i dont like the fact that it is assembled in mexico; from all other aspects the car looks great