GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Front End Mod(s)

StrangeUsername

SOCOM: Confrontation FTW
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI MkV
I finally got around to painting my new fog covers, front and rear badges. I also plasti-dipped the front grill and bumper. Yes, I intended for the upper and lower grill to have a somewhat textured look and the bumper piece to look flat black. The front and rear badges were done in a Rustoleum "Metallic Black" and also clearcoated. Let me know what you think.

Also, I need a little help getting the new fog covers to shine like the rest of the car. I used about 5 coats of VW Reflex Silver paint, lightly sanded w/ 400 grit sandpaper in between coats, and then did about 4 coats of clearcoat; also sanding in between coats. Do I need to use a rubbing compound?

Before

After

Before

After

Last edited:

GTI_ROXY

Whats up Gurl, Looks great. Great to see other girls on the board. I did something similar but i painted my emblem pink.

~ ROXY :eyebulge:

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
The flat black center looks good but I'm not digging the fog light grills

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
the fog covers are interesting...I think the openings other than the fog light holes are what does it in for being kinda meh. props for being different though.

StrangeUsername

Car(s)
2008 VW GTI MkV

StrangeUsername

Car(s)
2008 VW GTI MkV

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
how do i get them to shine?

Real two-part clearcoat and a cut/buff job.

The rear emblem looks great. I'd just go ahead and plastidip the fog grilles though. Actually.. I might do that. :)

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
as mentioned above by others; I'm really really not feeling the fog covers, or the mesh in the opening..

but whatever floats your boat.