GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Fluid Interval for 7spd DSG? 80k now

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Actually just noticed in my new 2019 maintenance book on page 27 some changes from my 2015 GTI DSG . Seems like it doesn't address our 7 speed DSG. It advises 40k on the 6 speed DSG cars and 80k on the "(Golf R only). I'll ask my dealership about it and watch for my snail mail.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Noticed deviation from my 2016 that brake fluid change is now every 2 years instead of at 3 years then every 2 years.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I started a post on this yesterday here.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't have the 7 speed DSG but I would still change the fluid every 25,000 miles like I do my 6 speed DSG. I know it's overkill but I do all my maintenance that way.

CFB_GTA

Passed Driver's Ed

What's interesting is that from the link, non dsg canadian trannys are filled for life whereas usa has an 80k interval, LOL.

Unless Canadians get some special sauce, seems like the difference between usa and canadian warranties force vw to specify a service interval difference such that canadian tranny repairs fall just outside the warranty period. Any other conspiracy theories?

JWTS

Ready to race!
yeah, I'm not going 80K. It's great that there's a full-flow filter, but when you consider that most the wear material occurs during the first 5-10K miles of a transmission's life, I'm still going for an early change. Plus, you only get out about 65% of the fluid during a change. The 80K recommendation just doesn't seem like a great idea if you're trying to maximize the life of the transmission.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Agree. Same on 10k OCIs. My opinion.