GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New custom menus for WD6050, MT6505, AS7608, etc

devros

I'm very interested, and have a few questions.

1 - will it work with a VW-7088

2 - is this an actual firmware update to the main board(not the gps/wince board?)

3 - is this just cosmetic, or will this have to potential to change the functionality? Two things I would kill for are to have it not mute the radio and show that stupid sensor screen every time I put it into reverse, and also to have it so that pressing the phone button on the steering wheel would connect to my i(phone) and activate the phone's voice recognition. I know the latter is possible as I had a parrot handsfree that did it.

4 - and I know this is a long shot - have the unit actually work with the right hand steering wheel controls so I could skip tracks, etc...

keep up the good work. I plan to buy and install your wince mod as soon as I have some spare time(hopefully in a week or two)

thanks,

-dev

petrutms

Developer
startup images can be changed too. Sorry is taking so long, but i need this to be SAFE , so no risk of bricking the unit ! Total progress about 90% :).
Please have patience, it`s worth it ! Screenshots only when ready :p

@ devros, is actual firmware for mainboard, and will be cosmetic only. And the new menus will completely change the device, will look really OEM !

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
My AS-7608 busted earlier this month, but I'm definitely ordering another one if the menus will be changable! They are cheap now too, $315 for the unit itself.. +shipping and paypal fees of course

bacardicj151

Car(s)
07 GTI
good luck with this guys

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
me too, updates please petrums!!!

Can you verify that this will work on the AS-7608?

Thanks!= for your efforts!!!

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
Petrutms has been a leader with helping us with these units, but looking to change the firmware with custom menu's, that's playing with fire....as already proven.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
yeah I'm just happy mine is working again after the dreaded blue navi screen freeze on startup. A simple firmware update (although hard to get ahold of) was all it was.