GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR version for TSI owners

plac

GTI Master
Version 1.2 in both stage 1 and stage 2 was released a few days ago for TSI motors. I think Arin said this is also valid for the MK5 TSI engines? Ask him to make sure.. Well, I got the stage 2 today, and its a nice improvement:

(2010 MK6, but same tune for TSI)

The new tune is really good. A noticable change from my last stage 2. I have been used to my stage 1 for a long time, and the stage 2 was much faster immediately. I felt the front lift up a little (or was it the back digging down?) on a really hard run which i have never seen before. There is also a different tone to my exhaust, prob some fuel change of some sort. This is the kind of tune i been asking for. They had to do something to increase the power, because its a lot faster. My legs were shaking a bit as i pulled into my garage from the adrenaline of the power mixed with fear of getting pulled over. I'll be keeping this stage 2 tune as long as i keep my downpipe.

After I took a shit and went for my 4 mile run to let my thoughts wander, I have a couple other comments. I kind of got a "double" upgrade. I went from <old> stage 1 to <new> stage 2. I can say anyone with a 2010 stage 2 should go get the new version 1.2 flash immediately. I dont know if you'll see the same crazy gains I did from stage 1, but i just remember my old 2010 stage 2 and it wasnt this fast at all. Anyone with a 2011 is already spoiled with the new code, so they wont appreciate how much better this one is than the last one.

Last edited:

ZGTI

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2009 Black
Version 1.2 in both stage 1 and stage 2 was released a few days ago for TSI motors. I think Arin said this is also valid for the MK5 TSI engines? Ask him to make sure.. Well, I got the stage 2 today, and its a nice improvement:

(2010 MK6, but same tune for TSI)

The new tune is really good. A noticable change from my last stage 2. I have been used to my stage 1 for a long time, and the stage 2 was much faster immediately. I felt the front lift up a little (or was it the back digging down?) on a really hard run which i have never seen before. There is also a different tone to my exhaust, prob some fuel change of some sort. This is the kind of tune i been asking for. They had to do something to increase the power, because its a lot faster. My legs were shaking a bit as i pulled into my garage from the adrenaline of the power mixed with fear of getting pulled over. I'll be keeping this stage 2 tune as long as i keep my downpipe.

After I took a shit and went for my 4 mile run to let my thoughts wander, I have a couple other comments. I kind of got a "double" upgrade. I went from <old> stage 1 to <new> stage 2. I can say anyone with a 2010 stage 2 should go get the new version 1.2 flash immediately. I dont know if you'll see the same crazy gains I did from stage 1, but i just remember my old 2010 stage 2 and it wasnt this fast at all. Anyone with a 2011 is already spoiled with the new code, so they wont appreciate how much better this one is than the last one.

Congrats, can u try to post a dash video of ur car with the new APR TSI stage 2 file to compare with this one :

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Can you tell us what the differences in the file are?

The APR stage 1 and 2 programs came out in 2008 with the release of the new 2.0 TSI engine. Over the past 3 years we've worked pretty deeply with the 2.0T by developing several turbocharger systems for Volkswagen of America and our customers as well as professionally racing several in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. Needless to say we've learned quite a bit over the years and were able to make a few minor changes to our already awesome software that makes a bit more power, is a little smoother and gets slightly better gas mileage. All the normal APR safety routines are in place so you can be sure this software will not damage your motor or turbocharger.

So far our customers seem pretty happy with the results!

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
any dyno graph comparissions

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
Ugh, I wish North American Motorsports hadn't closed their shop here and moved to NY.. they used to be 2 mins from where I work, now the closest dealer is an hour away.

I think I have v1.1? or is that just the testpipes file?