GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2022 Ford Maverick

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
listen to the cuck writing the article.

A front-wheel-drive hybrid pickup truck might not score well on the toxic-masculinity chart, but it is highly efficient.

For drivers who don't need a giant bed and 7.2 kW of AC power

his disdain for trucks, power, and America are obvious.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Looks a lot like a Ridgeline

Ragdude

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
Not much use for my needs, and it looks too much like a honda ridgeline to me. I'm sure theres a market for it, I don't understand why VW doesn't bring their pickup to the USA, saw some in Mx and they look good.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
This truck is absolutely perfect for its intended audience.
Ford didn't intend to sway anyone that relies on an F150 or even a Ranger/Tacoma. I've got no doubt this was aimed at people buying up crossovers left and right. I think this truck is going to nestle into the market very nicely. For most people's hauling needs, even the base model hybrid will be more than enough. Light housework, gardenwork, shuttling around musical equipment, a furniture building hobby, etc. The Maverick will be perfect for these types of people. This car isn't being sold to people hauling their racecars to the track, or their horses to the.... horse place -- I don't know where they trot when not at a track. The new Lightning (love the cheeky name btw) is the one aimed at these people.

I really, really love the DIY aspect to this truck!! And the interior actually looks really cool. I love those wacky, semi-detached armrests. And it's a good looking truck to boot! Even the base model on steelies that arstechnica drove has a certain charm to it.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So a decent spec Maverick is about the same price of a decent spec Tacoma. -$35-40k. 🤷‍♂️

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
my only thought were: a truck that is new, can haul basic items, and doesn't cost 30k +. Hopefully when this is released, it will show real data and competitors try to get into the "cheaper" truck market, which is better for us consumers.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Idk it can only tow 2k pounds. My Pilot will tow 5k and hold 7 people. Get a used trailer off Craigslist’s and you can haul whatever you need.

I like the looks tho.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
This truck is for people who don't need a "decent spec" truck. For people who don't off road, don't tow 5,000 pounds, and don't want to join the Taco cult.
Right, it's for people like me. But, when I optioned it out how I would want it, it's the same price as a well equipped Tacoma. Which do you think will be teh better option in the long run?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Right, it's for people like me. But, when I optioned it out how I would want it, it's the same price as a well equipped Tacoma. Which do you think will be teh better option in the long run?
2 completely different types of trucks. The Mustang is like an SUV with a small bed and limited towing capacity. If you're only comparing on the final price instead of type of truck then the Tacoma because it's proven vs an entirely new vehicle in it's first year of production.