GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2021s still arriving at dealers?

cb1111

On a more serious note Q&A for Telemarketers & Sellers About DNC Provisions in TSR | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov)

Take specific note of item 10

10. How does the established business relationship provision work for a consumer whose number is on the registry?​

A company with which a consumer has an established business relationship may call for up to 18 months after the consumer’s last purchase or last delivery, or last payment, unless the consumer asks the company not to call again. In that case, the company must honor the request not to call. If the company calls again, it may be subject to a fine of up to $43,792.

If a consumer makes an inquiry or submits an application to a company, the company can call for three months. Once again, if the consumer makes a specific request to that company not to call, the company may not call, even if it has an established business relationship with the consumer.

A consumer whose number is not on the national registry can still prohibit individual telemarketers from calling by asking to be put on the company’s own do not call list.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A different sales guy calls every time. They’re using their service database as the call list so I can’t get removed, and I’m lucky enough to get weekly emails too. This came yesterday. Can’t even spell my name right.
Block their numbers and email addresses.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
And nine of them are in Hawaii. Two in Florida and one Jersey.

That's amazing. This morning only two remain stateside (one in FL and one in NJ), plus the NINE you mentioned in HI. I checked some numbers to find that Hawaii ranks 47th of U.S. states in land area, yet ranks 12th in number of registered automobiles!

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I just find it frustrating. I'd like to know what cost cutting VW USA is going to do the R. I realize it may not be complete, which is part of the website holdup. Subaru isn't much better, as BRZ's are already arriving and they've only just now setup their configurator. I do agree that the current market doesn't really require companies to work hard, anything on the lot will sell, so who cares if the website's updated?

fast16

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it that hard to just copy the Canadians page?
No idea, things have always been difficult regarding the R with VW, keep in mind its not VW's bread and butter like the id.4 or Tiguan per se where they sell thousands each quarter ya know? It's a niche vehicle.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
No idea, things have always been difficult regarding the R with VW, keep in mind its not VW's bread and butter like the id.4 or Tiguan per se where they sell thousands each quarter ya know? It's a niche vehicle.

spidey.jpg

I just find it frustrating. I'd like to know what cost cutting VW USA is going to do the R. I realize it may not be complete, which is part of the website holdup. Subaru isn't much better, as BRZ's are already arriving and they've only just now setup their configurator. I do agree that the current market doesn't really require companies to work hard, anything on the lot will sell, so who cares if the website's updated?
What cost cutting do you think the configurator is going to show you that you can't access elsewhere? the specs are out, the car is out in europe and won't be fundamentally different here and there are configurators live on multiple english speaking countries already and a bunch of reviews from various sources... the configurator isnt going to show you that they removed the ac vent from the glovebox or the liner from the door pockets.

https://build.vwmodels.ca/build/?vw...0NjA9MCZtPTAmcG89MSZib2R5VHlwZT1jb21wYWN0cw==

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/con...mName-app=R&buildabilityStatus-app=incomplete

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
There haven't been any reviews of US spec cars and the actual specs aren't up, I'm not interested in the configurator as there's really nothing to configure on our R, aside from color and pedal count. It's probably more of a GTI thing than R thing, but VW USA finds all sort of ways to screw us on standard content from the ROW cars. Even just moving from the Mk7 to Mk7.5 I lost all sorts of little fluff things that initially hurt but no,w I don't really miss. I mean, I suppose they can't skimp on the hood strut or already missing volume knob, right? I suppose they could continue to make our center arm rests not open, which isn't really cost cutting, just being silly.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
There haven't been any reviews of US spec cars and the actual specs aren't up, I'm not interested in the configurator as there's really nothing to configure on our R, aside from color and pedal count. It's probably more of a GTI thing than R thing, but VW USA finds all sort of ways to screw us on standard content from the ROW cars. Even just moving from the Mk7 to Mk7.5 I lost all sorts of little fluff things that initially hurt but no,w I don't really miss. I mean, I suppose they can't skimp on the hood strut or already missing volume knob, right? I suppose they could continue to make our center arm rests not open, which isn't really cost cutting, just being silly.

So then why do you care that they won’t copy the Canadian page? Everything I’ve read says we are basically getting loaded row cars minus the titanium exhaust option. Power trains appear identical so there’s no mpi in some markets and none in the others. Only thing really missing from a row review would be a manual car and it’s likely the exact same 6mt as the last gen.

Lots of specs including power have been confirmed but here’s a little more flavor fresh off the presses.

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1610