GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar Broke....

Chi_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI Tornado Red
So, I was at the dealership getting an oil change . They call me into the shop to bring to my attention that my Neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar broke into two pieces. The mechanics were by my car saying they haven't seen a swear bar break like that. It was very bizarre.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Does anyone know how this is possible?

Need to call neuspeed to have it replaced i believe they have a lifetime warranty.

Chi_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI Tornado Red
I didn't know that they have been known to break.
Thanks, I thought maybe something with the negative degree temperatures we had in Chicago could have had an effect.

The tubular neuspeed ones used to fail quite regularly. Not sure if they have revised the design at some point though.

This. And the ones with welded rather than forged tabs on the ends (BSH) lose their tabs regularly.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

Chi_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI Tornado Red
I'm going to contact neuspeed to try an see if i can get a new one, but I'm actually considering to looking into the H&R or bsh solid bar.

Need to do some more research before i decide.

The Whiteline solid bar is pretty good too, but only comes in 24mm iirc.

24 isn't so bad. What's OEM, 20.7?

Tapatalkin

And hollow, too.

I like my Whiteline bars but i have nothing to compare them to.

The 'lateral locks' are annoying but they have reasonable logic for using them: Whiteline sway bars are forged from spring steel and heat treated, and welding rings onto them so they don't shift side to side would defeat the heat treating. So they include little split rings that you install with an allen wrench.

the urethane bushings have never squeaked, either. I just greased them up with the included packet of grease when i installed them a year ago.

$210 shipped via amazon (p/n BWR20XZ). if i were doing it again i might get the h&r front and rear kit, but only because i got both bars.

Last edited:

Chi_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI Tornado Red
And hollow, too.

I like my Whiteline bars but i have nothing to compare them to.

The 'lateral locks' are annoying but they have reasonable logic for using them: Whiteline sway bars are forged from spring steel and heat treated, and welding rings onto them so they don't shift side to side would defeat the heat treating. So they include little split rings that you install with an allen wrench.

the urethane bushings have never squeaked, either. I just greased them up with the included packet of grease when i installed them a year ago.

$210 shipped via amazon (p/n BWR20XZ). if i were doing it again i might get the h&r front and rear kit, but only because i got both bars.

Yeah I've read that the Whiteline solid bar is good. I think the 22mm Whiteline is the solid and the 24mm is hollow, maybe I am mistaken.
From what I've been reading it seems people on here feel the BSH solid is too thick for a solid RSB unless one plans to track the car, which I most likely will not.

I have also seen people see to agree that a front sway bar isn't really worth it and that the RSB is the one to focus on.
A good group of people seem to be running an aftermarket rear and a stock front.

k3v0

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I had the stock front on with the 24mm H&R while the front was on back order. You may feel more rotation with the stock front and an aftermarket rear but if you want better handling it's best to get the front also in my opinion. All the weight of the car is in the front so if you really want to stop the car from rolling you need to beef up the front bar in addition to the rear.

A nice side benefit of the H&Rs is that you don't have to grease the bushings since they are teflon coated.