GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Pflo filter relocation benefits

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
With the Pflo intake I have the filter is behind the drivers headlight and seems to be missing out on the airflow from the holes in the grille for the factory ram scoop. I saw somewhere before that someone cut the Pflo pipe and put the filter on closer to the bend for more direct airflow. Would this help any or Would say the cts tuneing enclose fit with the neuspeed to direct more colder air onto the filter?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 270

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yeah just with the winters here for 8 months of the year I imagine the filter would get really dirty behind the fog. I was just bored and noticed that the filter is so far out of the way, when compared to like the cts kit that uses the ram air for effectively.

Wüstenfuchs

Alpha and Omega
Any benefits gained from supplying colder air are quickly erased when the air hits the turbocharger and is compressed. If you truly want colder air, get a front mount inter-cooler with great surface to air area and rig up a system to spray water on it.

As far as filter shrouds are concerned, my educated guess is that they are only good for aesthetics and for manufactures to differentiate their product from others. With the p-flow installed, and all components of the stock system removed, the engine is free to suck in all the air it wants.

I purchased my p-flow used and it did not come with the heat shield. The heat coming off the turbocharger is so great that the finish bubbled up in that area and in the area where it connects to the turbo it has melted.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
But does it make louder pssh and woosh noises....