GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Negotiating with VW Stealerships

Das_Meister

Go Kart Newbie
What do you guys do to negotiate a better price? Can you really get a good price by emailing different dealerships? What has worked for you?

Ant1974

Ready to race!
Find a good price on the net if possible and show this to the dealer.Not much discount in the UK on the GTI. So play them off each other and haggle discounts on fitted options.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
I bought my 2005.5 Jetta three months before I got my GTi, I was really nice to the salesman and when I came back and asked for him he set me up with a deal. I also send my racing buddies to him!!! That helps.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Theres a thread on the forum about the prices people paid think the least i have seen is $21330

Das_Meister

Go Kart Newbie
Since I'll be paying in cash, I think I have the upper hand in negotiating. From your experience, do you get good deals this way? Like $500 above cost price.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
My experience with VW:
1. Let them give you a deal.
2. You give them a cheap deal ( they are not going to sell it to u).
3. Tell them to think about it and if anything let them call you. And I bet you will at least get the price between their offer and yours if not straight up your offer. I offered them a DSG for 23,000 out of the door ( including taxes and all fees). Guess what he called me. Told him no: changed my mind.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
it's always a time game. the longer you can wait the better deal you'll get.
took me a week to get the car down to $22.5k out the door. couldn't wait anymore and i know i getting a decent deal especially for a new model.