GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I need wheels/tires like this. Stock on left... meat on right.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
You could probably just get some 275/40/17 drag radials since you're not tracking or driving in rain/cold.

It was in the 40s here on my way home. Is that too cold? 275 is too small. At least a 285. A lot of blown SN95s run 335. Such meat. So tire. Much traction. Wow.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
A 275 drag radial will have more traction than a 335 street tire though, compound matters much more than width.

I don't know how well they handle cold, 40's is probably fine if you aren't a maniac.

Hmm. I like this idea. The wheels would be cheaper too.

Dammit Troy. You make a lot of sense. How long do drag radials last anyways? I would likely put on 6k a year.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
No clue, a lot of supercharged vette guys run drag radials exclusively but they drive like 17 miles a year.

My random guess is that they'd last 1-2 years. IIRC the tires are a lot cheaper than wide street tires too. $179 each for Toyos right now

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...74R7PXTQ&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Oh dang. Thanks. I am strongly considering this.

If we were not separated by thousands of miles and being heterosexual, I'd blow you.

Balt21

Ready to race!
I'm planning on putting 18x10.5 or 18x11 rears on my Cobra in the spring with a 305/35/18 Nitto 555R drag radial. It'll be way overkill, but who cares haha. I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if you're looking for a street/strip tire or not. If you're going for the best hooking tire get a Mickey Thompson ET street II and be done with it though.

I have a lot of friends that use them, they're dicey in the rain but doable if you're careful.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Ballz. I commend NEEK on buying what HE likes, not what everyone else likes. :clap:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I'm planning on putting 18x10.5 or 18x11 rears on my Cobra in the spring with a 305/35/18 Nitto 555R drag radial. It'll be way overkill, but who cares haha. I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if you're looking for a street/strip tire or not. If you're going for the best hooking tire get a Mickey Thompson ET street II and be done with it though.

I have a lot of friends that use them, they're dicey in the rain but doable if you're careful.

I beg your pardon? You haz Cobra too??? Deets, please.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Ballz. I commend NEEK on buying what HE likes, not what everyone else likes. :clap:

Indeed I do. I am a weirdo on this site based on car tastes.

Balt21

Ready to race!
I beg your pardon? You haz Cobra too??? Deets, please.

I do. It's a 1997, stock for now, with about 23,800 miles on it. My goal is to have the exhaust (midpipe and catback), suspension, wheels, and tires done by May. It has received a shorty antenna since this picture was taken. All I did this year was the antenna, rear bumper insert, and Cobra badge in the front.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
OH WOW. I am not alone here. I have made a COBRO for reals. I am very excite.

Paint looks good yo. How the hell do you only have 23,800 on it?? Supercharge that bish and get driving!!!

Mine has quite a few mods, all good ones. It will be painted most likely Grabber Blue by next summer at the latest.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Indeed I do. I am a weirdo on this site based on car tastes.

I'm just as weird if not worse...

I like the E65 7-Series, preferably before the refresh...

I love Chris Bangle's work with BMW...

Uh...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
NEEK I like your Cobra. Not being a suck up, but I've liked them for awhile. I even have a white one on Forza 4... :laugh: