GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need your advise about JE Pistons 8.5:1 or 9.5:1

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Hi Guys,
I am confused between the JE Pistons 8.5:1 or 9.5:1 for the 2.0T FSI engine. I am already running the JE 9.5:1 in my setup with GTX2867R but I am preparing another engine for another car and I will use GTX2867R kit for a while then I will replace it by EFR7163 kit.

Target:
Like all of us (crazy people) to run an aggressive setup/tune with maximum power the car can get with 0 timing pull

Note:
The fueling here is VERY bad, the octane 95 we have here which is equal to RON98 is like octane 91 = RON93.
I will run the octane 95 we have here with WMI 50/50

What is your opinion/advise?

abacuc

Buy 9.5:1 then lower CR to 9:1

90% I will go for Mahle 9.0:1
The problem with JE is pistons slap specially in our country and Middle East.
I guess that's due to hot weather and poor fuel!!

-------
Philosophy Of Eagles:
- Eagles flies only with eagles!
- To reach the top you must fly with the Top!

That's due to the nature of the 2618 alloy the je is made of. Mahles are 4032 and run a tighter clearance because of less expansion.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
That's due to the nature of the 2618 alloy the je is made of. Mahles are 4032 and run a tighter clearance because of less expansion.

:thumbsup:
That's why I will go for Mahle Pistons but the only thing I never tried or read about is DM forged I-Beam but it has been recommended by someone I trust very much.

JE makes Fsi pistons in both 4032 and 2618 alloy.

Don't know about that but even I guess Mahle is better.

Yea but Mostic runs the je 9.5:1 which only come 2618.

The SRP Je pistons(4032) only come 9.0:1 and 82.5 and 83.0...unless something has changed that i dont know about. Ive run the 2618 with no issues.

My MKV car runs the JE 9.5:1 and it pull really strong but I decided to avoid all points with the Scirocco build.