GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some more buying advice

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
So continuuing saga...my 2015 mk7 pp got totaled by rudolph. I am seaeching for a replacement...found two cars in the running. #1 is a 2017 autobahn with 18K miles, loaded., one owner at 21,500 at a vw dealer...still has quite a bit of warranty left...only problem, I learned that it was a repossesed vehicle, which makes me kind of queasy, as the owner might have taken some revenge and beaten the crap out of it. Other one is a 2017 SE with pp, lighting pkg. 22,000 miles, very clean, good dealer. But this car was a lemon buy back...I think it was returned because of sunroof problems, but the price is only 17K and still has factory warranty also. Both good dealers. I am leaning toward the lemon one because it is so clean and the dealer has very good feedback...I will be modding the car anyway... Havent driven them yet as they are both an hour from me....I know a lemon car carries quite a stigma, but I think so does a repossesed car....what to do!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
walk away and find other options. I've flown one way to another state to drive a car back....not that hard and fun to boot.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
walk away and find other options. I've flown one way to another state to drive a car back....not that hard and fun to boot.
That's silly.
I always thought this was a friendly place to get advice from like minded enthusiast...Its a legitmate thread....if you are not here to help your fellow car lover, why not just stay out of it.
Thanks, but don't have the time. You think that the repo car might be a bad choice?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Thanks, but don't have the time. You think that the repo car might be a bad choice?

both are going to give you issues, if even that nagging doubt in the back of your mind about everything. search for CPO's and work with a dealership to ship them to you. CarMax? For sale by owner?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
you either settle for what's near you due to lack of time available, or you make time, enlarge your search area and look for something better. No other ways to go about it. But I would stay away from a lemon for sure....not sure about a repo, but I would personally steer clear unless I talked with my insurance about it (factors, etc)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
If I HAD to choose one of the two cars you mentioned here...It would probably be the repo...
Does the lemon have a lemon branded title? What state was the car declared a lemon?

Jozooka

Go Kart Newbie
Picking between the 2, I'd go with the lemon as long as it was CPO'd. That's warranty coverage until 2022, right?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Why not just use 1 thread?

1, stop creating new threads. (you can bump your old thread and it will get to the top of the list in general)
2, do not buy either. you can literally get a brand new base for 23k, why would you buy someones problem, thats stupid af, if you dont want to slurge for a new SE which a fair range to buy is 27-30k then idn what to tell ya.