GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Immobilizer Disabled

Mk5Steven

Car(s)
2009 PZEV GTI
I have a 2009 GTI TSI (mk5) and I purchased a Galletto 1260 to try to disable it myself but after reading further into it I feel as though it’s out of my skill set. If anyone could give me more information on what I have to change to disable it I would much appreciate it. Thank you

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I've heard it can be done with VAG Tacho? I'm curious why you need it disabled? When I installed remote start, I wired up a spare key to the column to make it work. Might be an easy solution.

Mk5Steven

Car(s)
2009 PZEV GTI
I've heard it can be done with VAG Tacho? I'm curious why you need it disabled? When I installed remote start, I wired up a spare key to the column to make it work. Might be an easy solution.
I am trying to disable immobilizer so I do not have to spend a bunch of money trying to make a spare key. And I have heard about vag Tacho but the software and cables are expensive

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Immo delete service is around $150 to have it done and send out the ECU and wait. What are they asking for a new programmed key?

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Standard key (no remote) is about $100 here with programming at the dealer.

Mk5Steven

Car(s)
2009 PZEV GTI
Immo delete service is around $150 to have it done and send out the ECU and wait. What are they asking for a new programmed key?
For a programmed key the dealer quoted me $260....