GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with P0299 causing CEL

holyredpenguin

Hello all,
I have a 2008 Mk5 GTI with the BPY engine and its inspection is coming due. Before getting it reinspected, I have to clear the Check Engine Light code it has.
It is currently throwing a P0299 underboost error which I have not been able to solve for some time now. Attempts to remedy the issue include
- replacing the diverter valve with a revision D one
- blowing smoke into the intake to test for leaks. It revealed a cracked hose which was replaced, but did not clear the code. No further leaks have been found

I have taken it to the dealership and they have said that I need a new turbo. Before I make that investment, I want to make sure that I have left no stone unturned. I have attached the VAGCOM file for those interested.

Thank you In Advance
HRP

Attachments

• mk5GTI Underboost Error.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 65

OBRAY

Car(s)
audi
Have a 2015 chevy cruze. Supplanted the valve cover on it's anything but a month prior. Was away out traveling and returning I got a CEL. Pulled over and read the codes and it was P0299. Popped the hood and for reasons unknown oil was spilling around the Valve Cover Gasket. Could the Super reason pressure develop which pushes oil out of the VC? Or on the other hand is it in all probability not associated? I know for the P0299 that the Waste Door Actuator is a typical reason.

THANKS.