GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help from you Fitment Guru's

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
I'm about to purchase a set of m220 18x8 (front) 18x9 et. 38 (rear)
I'm good on the fronts, I know they will fit but I'm concerned about the rears! I was trying to avoid getting 215's and stretching so I was gonna just use my 225/40r I already have. Do you think it will fit running a 225 tire? (slight stretch)
My ftg in the rear is 24" even and I have a little less than an inch of Clarence from tire to fender. Also are any of you running a 225 on a 18x9? Pics please?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
My buddy with LM's has 8s in the rear with 225/40/18 and he rubs a shitload.. He's lowered about 2" as well

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
At that height it's most likely you'll be rubbing. 225/40 on a 9" isn't that much stretch really. You could always camber them out a bit, and then get 215/40 when these wear down haha

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
At that height it's most likely you'll be rubbing. 225/40 on a 9" isn't that much stretch really. You could always camber them out a bit, and then get 215/40 when these wear down haha
How much camber do you suggest?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Good choice on wheels btw, I really like those ones.. Will probably pick them up if I decide to spend/waste money on an airride kit next year

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Good choice on wheels btw, I really like those ones.. Will probably pick them up if I decide to spend/waste money on an airride kit next year

Yeah I'm taking a risk running them static, I hope they look good

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti

And here is a photoshop some one did for me of the wheels on my car, what do you think?

Still debating on staggered or square set up

RoidRage2629

Passed Driver's Ed
Why get a staggered setup if your not going to stretch/camber/poke the setup? Just run square and then dial in the right offset for you using spacers... Why take a chance on the rears not fitting and you having to make adjustments you don't want to really do

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Why get a staggered setup if your not going to stretch/camber/poke the setup? Just run square and then dial in the right offset for you using spacers... Why take a chance on the rears not fitting and you having to make adjustments you don't want to really do

I want staggered. I just didn't want to buy tires yet, I just got these. Hence my question about the 225 fitting

Rus.K

PCDT99
I answered your question in the other thread you posted this question...

No you will not be ok with a 9 inch in the rear with a 225/40. It will rub at 24 FTG especially with a ET of 38. To give you perspective, I am currently running a 18x9 et. 38 in the rear with a 205/40 with negative 4.2 camber. It is also because I have airride and want to tuck. That being said before I went air I had 215/40 and needed about negative 3-3.5 and was at about 23 FTG.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I wouldn't opt for the et38 rear, especially static.

IMO, I would rock the square 18x8 et45 set-up in a heart beat. It'll look a lot different than you think. m220 square are teh sex.

I run a 9" rear et45 - on a 215/40 - and it sits flush.

You will be a lot happier on an 8" et45.