GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need DIY on OEM LED Taillights

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVI Stage 2
I just got some new LED taillights and need some clear idea of how to install.
There are many threads out there with conflicting instructions.
Does anyone have a simple list of materials needed to install these taillights.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Lighting/Taillights/ES10177/
I have the Euro switch for them with the rear fog, I think all I need is the trigger wire for the rear fog to get them to work.
Also need to redo the order in which the wires go into the new taillights through the OEM connector.
Thanks for any help.
Jim

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
subd

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
not sure if its the same for GTI, but i'm going to get the coding done this week and installing the LEDs a few days later, but not sure if i have time to run the wires for the amber turn signals. if thats the case, would my turn signals just be red by default?

MK5FLEMONS

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
08 CW Rabbit
babydubz, no you don't have to run the 4th wire. In order to get amber working you must

1. Get coding done
2. Switch the terminals in the wiring harness

The 4th wire is used to disable the bulb out warning light. I havent run that wire yet but I still have amber functions working. The signals will be red by default if you just plug and play. thats what I did till I could get my hands on a vag com

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
yeah i just put them in without coding to see what happens. on the outer tails, the inner circle blinks for signals rather the than outer circle. i switched the wires around and the amber signals worked but when i turn my headlights on, the amber outer ring stays on. i think i'll need coding to fix that. my car is current in euro mode.

MK5FLEMONS

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
08 CW Rabbit
yeah and if you look when you brake, your amber signals will go on with the brake lights. really fucked thats what needs to be coded and the 4th wire will turn off the bulb out warning

BDA MKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
Where does the added 4th wire hook up to?