GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need body kit help

Nightmaarez

Passed Driver's Ed
I am starting to build up a list of what I want to do to my '07 GTI, and the last thing that I want to add is a body kit (or at least front/rear lips and side skirts). However, after looking around at numerous sites, it's all so much information and it's becoming very stressful figuring out which website is the most credible, which brand to go with, what material, etc. My budget is fairly low (<$500), which makes things even harder.

Essentially the main questions I have are:

1. Is it even possible to get a quality kit for under $500? (if answer is no, then there is no need to answer the rest of the questions)
2. Which website is the best? Is eBay trustworthy?
3. What is "votex"? I looked around this forum for help and see this type of body kit being thrown around. It looks cool, but I can't seem to find it anywhere besides eBay.
4. How much does it cost to paint the lowers, or match the body kit parts to the black plasticy color of the lowers? I am a terrible painter, so I highly doubt I could do a good DIY job. I might get a lot of hate for this, but I honestly don't mind the unpainted lowers, so I would prefer to not paint them if it will cost more.
5. I have never worked on a car before, and similarly to the last question, I don't think I would do a good job if I installed the body kit myself. How expensive is it to get installed at an auto body shop?

I know that these questions are very specific, and I tried searching around this forum and the internet for answers to my question, but a lot of the info is outdated. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Paint alone to colormatch your existing body panels will run ~$500, maybe a little less if you prep them yourself or shop around.

I would stay away from ebay if you want quality

Votex made "factory aftermarket" parts and some MKV's came with votex body parts. Best bet would be to looked for used, pre-painted pieces