GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD NE Ohio - 2008 GTI, Lots of work done recently

ogre

SOLD

I'm looking to sell my 08 GTI. This is the early 08 model with the FSI engine. Around 190k miles, but I have done quite a bit of work to it. I had planned on driving this car for a lot longer, but I had to travel a lot for work and didn't have time to fix my it, so I bought a new car. I did all this work about a year and a half ago and haven't put many miles on the car since. I replaced the suspension due to rusted out springs and strut bearings, all 4 brake calipers were sticking and were replaced, new timing belt at 180k. Here's a list of most of the parts that I ordered:
Oil changes were done every 5k with Castrol 0w-40, cam follower changed every 15-20k. I cleaned the carbon from the intake valves around 120k.

List of mods:
  • Converted wheels to studs & lug nuts
  • Neuspeed intake
  • BSH short throw shifter
  • BSH engine mounts
  • Billy Boat catted downpipe
  • Milltek catback
  • Had APR Stage 2 tune, switched to Malone Tuning due to weird misfire at high RPM. I have their rev-hang delete and linear throttle response on the tune.
  • Koni cup kit
  • South Bend stage 2 clutch w/ single mass flywheel installed when original clutch started slipping right after I got it tuned
I have all of the stock parts except for the suspension and clutch/flywheel. I will also throw in my set of 16" steelies with snow tires (need to check the condition of the tires) and a Ross Tech HEX+CAN VAG-COM cable!

Now for the problems:
  • Sagging Headliner
  • AC probably needs to be recharged
  • Cracked windshield
  • Rear windshield spray doesn't work
  • Rust in the usual spots
  • Needs an alignment
  • Slow leak in right rear tire
  • Broken fog light
I'm asking $4000 OBO.
SOLD

Link to full photo album