GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

N75 part #, cost, difficulty to replace?

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
basically the subject is the question. what's the part #, what's the cost, and how hard is it to replace?

p.s. anyone who has a bently manual, scans would be so so so so so greatly appreciated.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
got an unexplainable boost leak. been checking shit out and i think it's my n75.

last thing i did was unplug the solenoid for the n75 and test it with an ohm meter. according to VW it's supposed to read between 20-30 ohms but it read infinity instead. that means i need to replace the n75, according to VW. i had a printout i got from my friend who owns a garage, i think i left it down there, i'll try and track it down so other people can reference it.

now i could bring it to the dealer and pay 300$ for some mechanic to do this, but i'd much rather just bite the bullet and do it myself.

turbodub99

Passed Driver's Ed
that valve will not work....the stock N75 has some pain in the ASS!!! one time use only clips on it that u should think about buying. some guy sed he got to his N75 from his driver side wheel well but i got mine replaced on jackstands and by my buddy. u can do it but its a BITCH to get to!!!!!!!!!

jonleon

Car(s)
Leon Tfsi
part no 06f 906 283 f

Its an absolute bitch to get to so I let someone else do it for me lol.

Its located on the side of the turbo and the small pipes are held on with crimp clips

GolfRS

Banned
Its a bitch, but you can do it.

Its best to remove the right wheel arch, and also the
connection to the turbo outlet.

The hardest part IMO is to remove the small factory clamps.

But to make things easier, first UNSCREW the N75 from its support.

That will make it even more accessible.

P.S.And don't let anyone tell you they did it from above....Stupid IMO.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
thank you jonleon.

why did you have to replace it / did it fix your problems when you replaced it?

jonleon

Car(s)
Leon Tfsi
It cost me about £20 so maybe $30-$40

I was having problems with hesitations at high revs that was difficult to diagnose. The shop suggested i change it to rule it out of the equation, and it did just that cos it didnt help 1 bit.

I bought it to change myself, took one look at the job and handed the car over for someone else to have the pleasure. It is possible to do yourself but those clips are real awkward and need to be replaced and crimped with the correct tool.

Your symptoms with the boost and the fact that you have tested the solenoid, sounds very much like the n75 is the culprit.

Enjoy your fore-arm workout if you change it yourself :)

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
are there only two pins on the N75? are you sure you hooked up the correct two - because an open circuit will also read infinity on an ohm meter... I would check one more time before enduring this, what appears to be, shit monster of a task.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
are there only two pins on the N75? are you sure you hooked up the correct two - because an open circuit will also read infinity on an ohm meter... I would check one more time before enduring this, what appears to be, shit monster of a task.

yes it is the same solenoid plug that you find all over the car.

just two male pieces of metal coming out. i wish i had the printout, i'd take a picture and show you what it was that the check entailed.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
It cost me about £20 so maybe $30-$40

I was having problems with hesitations at high revs that was difficult to diagnose. The shop suggested i change it to rule it out of the equation, and it did just that cos it didnt help 1 bit.

I bought it to change myself, took one look at the job and handed the car over for someone else to have the pleasure. It is possible to do yourself but those clips are real awkward and need to be replaced and crimped with the correct tool.

Your symptoms with the boost and the fact that you have tested the solenoid, sounds very much like the n75 is the culprit.

Enjoy your fore-arm workout if you change it yourself :)

thanks man, i really appreciate the help. i'll keep everyone posted on this, and if i do end up doing it myself, i'll post up a DIY.