GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mystery Noise From Intake

TheTroyness

I changed a tire once...
i pinched the hose on the return side of the cc and it stopped, i let it go and it was knocking again. ill check the rear pvc when i put on my dp.. i dont wanna jump in there twice, prolly next week its snowing here... so ill let u know if that fixes the problem.

Bump for update?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
if you have a pcv blockoff and still have a rear pcv installed it will do that.

apollosfury

designeddwk
rear check valve x1000.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
What purpose, if any, does the rear pcv serve if I have a catch can installed?

Sent from Outer Space using Magic!

Nothing that's why you remove it thre have been many threads about this

TheTroyness

I changed a tire once...
Nothing that's why you remove it thre have been many threads about this

Are you talking about threads like this?
I've read threads about how to remove the valve, but nothing yet that tells what exactly it does, and why it's there, and why it can be removed. I don't want to just go whimsically break out parts from my engine. At any rate, I've read that the valve causes a pretty constant ticking or putting sound. The sound I posted in my video is by no means constant, nor ticking/putting. However, I also have read a lot that the ticking sound comes from high pressure fuel injectors/compression/cam follower/blah blah blah.
I could only find one thread about getting rid of the valve via search function or Google (key words rear pcv valve). Maybe the others answer my questions, but I can't find them. As far as I can tell, there's only one. Links please?

TheTroyness

I changed a tire once...
Alright, I'll give it a shot. I can't imagine how that little valve will make that noise, but I looked at your thread and listened to your video, and it is the same sound (except yours was constant, and mine only happens under certain conditions). I've tried taking that hose off before, and I could never get it off. The rubber hose is on the valve cover HELLA tight. Did you just disconnect the accordian hose and leave the rubber part on, or did you manage to get the rubber part off?