GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second build on my 08 GTI

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Hello,

Do you recommend turbos from turbozentrum?

I noticed they sell k04 for the Mk6 tsi engine and it's much cheaper compared to all the others such as Apr etc.

But I've never heard of this brand so want your experience on it.

Many thanks

Ps. Nice build btw, be a shame if you do decide to sell it after all that blood sweat and tears.

Sorry for replying in GIACUser thread, but I checked the TurboZentrum K04 one and I think it’s cheaper because it’s the same one for TFSI and they just modified the piping and they kept the DV location closed at it is in the OEM while the APR & Revo for example modifying it to allow the DV to located in the same K03 turbos.
In this case you will need to buy the Throttle Pipe with DV location to install the DV.
I believe it’s a good price and much cheaper than other companies with more or less the same power.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf Mk6 GTi DSG
Sorry for replying in GIACUser thread, but I checked the TurboZentrum K04 one and I think it’s cheaper because it’s the same one for TFSI and they just modified the piping and they kept the DV location closed at it is in the OEM while the APR & Revo for example modifying it to allow the DV to located in the same K03 turbos.
In this case you will need to buy the Throttle Pipe with DV location to install the DV.
I believe it’s a good price and much cheaper than other companies with more or less the same power.

Thanks for the heads up, they did mention to let them know as need the extra kit to fit to TSI engine.

Will be something on the cards for next year.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Took a pic with a little better background.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any pictures of how you have the harnesses mounted?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Do you have any pictures of how you have the harnesses mounted?

Not the best shots
Rears are fastened as seen

Sides are fastened on either side same way

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What kind of fabric are you going to use? Mine is having the same issue from sitting and needs re-done

Got fabric at JJ FABRIC - 909-874-3040
Mine is 2483 Atlas Grey

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
One step closer to first track day. I needed a truck to tow with and picked one up today. 2009 Ford XL F-150. Picked it up for 9500.00. Has full tow package and in the last 4500 miles it got a new motor, new brakes, new tires and front end rebuild. Drives beautifully just drove it home on fwy (50 miles) and drove great, stopped great, rolled straight etc.

I just need to secure a trailer and I will try and get to track and shoot 1st video review Nov 9th or 10th.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Ohhh, be careful with those spark plugs lol

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ohhh, be careful with those spark plugs lol

Yeah, the original plugs they used on these were 2 piece with a crimped on bottom and they would come apart leaving threads in and everything else out. This is a new motor and has the 1 piece spark plugs which have been in use since about 2010. They are still going to be a bit of work to change not like the old stuff.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Finally have 1sr track event scheduled. Going to AAA California Speedway to run the Roval course. on Nov 9 and 10th. Will have video to post and commentary about the build. Really looking forward to this outing, hopefully all will go well with no failures. Having a track only car sure causes you to haul much more stuff. It was so nice just driving to track, having fun and driving home. Oh well, it costs money to play.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, looking forward to seeing your build getting driven the way you intended.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
It has been a forever project but finally getting to track. Fingers crossed the car will perform properly and we have good safe fun.