GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second build on my 08 GTI

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Read this one[emoji116]my friend, I believe you need the 3bar MAP

I had it with the BWA engine with the GTX28 setup.

Tuner put a 3 Bar map on and tuned for it but it didn't make any diff. He says it is a Eurodyne problem and is working with them to get a solution.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Update

So I talked with Dave this morning. He has been working on the boost problem. Can't make boost past 22psi. He has been unable to solve the issue using Eurodyne software so he decided to reach out to Frank Mabo (Mabotech) who writes his own software and has a lot of FSI experience to see if they can overcome the issue. Frank uses Eurodyne to do the file transfer but writes his own software. Fingers crossed. My files have been sent to Frank and he will check in with him this week.

Dave (tuner) has driven the car and I asked him about the brakes and suspension.

When I put in the 18z f/r brakes worry was about pedal travel so we put in the TTRS master cylinder. Dave said the brakes were very responsive and require very little pedal travel. He said that he had installed 17z calipers on his Audi and liked them except for the extra pedal travel which he said is typical when installing these type calipers with stock master cylinder. He has driven a bunch of them.

He said that they have the suspension dialed in and considering all the mods I was worried how rough it might be but he said it rides well. There are now lots of spherical bearings instead of bushings so I was concerned. However, he said the car ride well at least on the smooth roads around his shop.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
My tune is complete

I spoke with Dave Marsh this morning, my tune is finished. Because they have done so much work to the car over a long period of time they are going to go back and double check all the work before turning it over to me.

Car made 480whp running 27lbs of boost.
Fuel - 91oct in tank and 100% Methanol through Aquamist.

Dave said he was impressed with the turbo and said it spools quick and early like a K04 almost. Full boost at 3500 rpm gives a very nice wide power band.

Once I get the car back I will do a full review with GoPro track footage etc. Looking forward to taking it out for the first time in over 2 years.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Nice! What turbo are you running again?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Nice! What turbo are you running again?

It is a Turbozentrum modified Borg Warner EFR7163. It is mounted in an integrated exhaust manifold that Turbozentrum produces. Looks like a bigger K04.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Wonderful brother.
I wish you will like the drivability and enjoy it.
Do you have a DSG tune? If not then I strongly recommend TVS stage 4 tune specially if you have a race clutches.

Trans clutches are stock but replaced just a few thousand miles ago. I have the Unitronic Stage 3 DSG tune and I also got a custom tune from them that increases clamping force. When clutches were replaced, I put in the LSD and installed the iABED DSG cooling system. Originally I wanted TVS tune but could not find a way to get it at the time. This occurred 2+ years ago now. Car has not been driven for 2 years.

I did all of this in prep for the new power so I hope it is enough. Again thanks for all your help on the project.

Note - there is now a TVS dealer in my area, once I get the car back I will go pay them a visit. Stage 3 and 4 tunes are dealer install only so now I have an option. Looks like 799.00 for Stage 3 DSG tune. Will take it by as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Trans clutches are stock but replaced just a few thousand miles ago. I have the Unitronic Stage 3 DSG tune and I also got a custom tune from them that increases clamping force. When clutches were replaced, I put in the LSD and installed the iABED DSG cooling system. Originally I wanted TVS tune but could not find a way to get it at the time. This occurred 2+ years ago now. Car has not been driven for 2 years.

I did all of this in prep for the new power so I hope it is enough. Again thanks for all your help on the project.

Note - there is now a TVS dealer in my area, once I get the car back I will go pay them a visit. Stage 3 and 4 tunes are dealer install only so now I have an option. Looks like 799.00 for Stage 3 DSG tune. Will take it by as soon as I get a chance.

I hope you enjoy driving your car after all that time ..
I do suggest trying the car with the existed DSG tune before moving to TVS tune. For sure TVS DSG tune is different than any other one but give yourself enough time to evaluate the Unitronic DSG tune.
You are welcome my friend at anytime :)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Since the build is essentially done now I am going to create a new thread dedicated to a review of the build and how it has enhanced or not the track experience. The build included many many new parts and upgrades it will be interesting for me to see if this turns out to be as much fun to drive as before with the K04 setup. 480whp sounds like it should be more fun but then again it may not if it does not prove to be as troublefree and reliable as the K04 setup. Anyway, videos and text to follow as soon as I have the car back home in a couple of weeks.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
480hp honestly sounds like it might end up too much for track use and suck some of the fun out of it. Hope that doesn't happen.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
480hp honestly sounds like it might end up too much for track use and suck some of the fun out of it. Hope that doesn't happen.

If so we can always bring it down some. I was not expecting this much power from my fueling solution. We will see, it will certainly make the straightaways fun and surprise a few folks.

I am going to have to work on some exterior add - ons to provide some downforce to keep the car on the track at the higher speeds.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
If so we can always bring it down some. I was not expecting this much power from my fueling solution. We will see, it will certainly make the straightaways fun and surprise a few folks.

I am going to have to work on some exterior add - ons to provide some downforce to keep the car on the track at the higher speeds.

That's a whole lot of power at the wheels! Does it have torque-by-gear similar to the DM tune used to have?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That's a whole lot of power at the wheels! Does it have torque-by-gear similar to the DM tune used to have?

No idea what he did. He has tuned a number of high hp cars and knows this one is going to be a track toy (road course) and has been concerned about track performance as we have progressed. I will review and video my early outings, should be fun.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I am not worried about the over power for the track use, the car get to full power at 3500 which is very close to K04 so if you were enjoying the K04 spool level in track then definitely you will enjoy this one too.

I think you are right on. The nice thing about the K04 was you always had power when you needed it with that fat powerband.