GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second build on my 08 GTI

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Went down to visit car. Dave indicated my car going to dyno this week.

We will tune for:
91 only
91 with Aquamist running 100%

I just want to be able to beat on it without burning it up at track.

For kicks we will go e85 and extra fueling.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Went down to visit car. Dave indicated my car going to dyno this week.

We will tune for:

91 only

91 with Aquamist running 100%

I just want to be able to beat on it without burning it up at track.

For kicks we will go e85 and extra fueling.

Congratulations, but don’t you need to break in the engine first before tuning and dyno it?!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well dyno work has begun.

AU wrote me today...

Your car is on the dyno right now. So far, we’ve been working on the base calibration (idle and startup quality and target air fuel ratios. We are also getting the failsafes dialed in on the meth system so that they function appropriately. I hope to start making some actual power pulls by tomorrow afternoon.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
500 here we come.:tweetz:

Well I doubt we will get anywhere near 500 on this first round (more like 400) on 91oct and Meth but it will probably end up being my street/track tune. Once we add the 5th injector and e85 we will probably get close.

I was given poor info recently and they have not put the 5th injector system on yet (Megasquirt). But I am going to have him do that and have a setup for e85.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
First tune done today.
91oct only - 347 on the dyno

Next he will see what he can do for usable power range for track and beyond. My hope is that we can get into low 400s with meth and 91. Then we will see where we can go with e85 and meth.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Still good number with 91 octane, but why not 93 octane?

No 93 oct in California. 347 is good for 91, tomorrow he will turn meth on and run it with this tune, then he will create a new tune for 91+ 100% meth

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Update on tuning.

Tuner worked a little more with the 91 only tune and feels he has achieved a 364whp level that is perfectly stable and quite safe.

He also turned the meth system on and at 22psi is making well over 400. He feels that he will be able to reach 450 with just 91 and methanol (running 100% meth) which was my hope. If that plays out, we should be able to get close to 500 with e85 and the extra injector plus methanol.

Tuner is Dave at AUTuning in Huntington Beach, CA

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Update on tuning.

Tuner worked a little more with the 91 only tune and feels he has achieved a 364whp level that is perfectly stable and quite safe.

He also turned the meth system on and at 22psi is making well over 400. He feels that he will be able to reach 450 with just 91 and methanol (running 100% meth) which was my hope. If that plays out, we should be able to get close to 500 with e85 and the extra injector plus methanol.

Tuner is Dave at AUTuning in Huntington Beach, CA

That’s very nice and strong numbers. Keep us updated [emoji4]

Tullyevan

Can anyone shed some light on a problem I have with my my 5 golf iPod docking station in the center armrest. I can’t seem to get it to work I’ve my iPod plugged in and I press the cd button once or twice all I get is “no cd” and that’s it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I heard from tuner today.....

Hey Larry. I have been going back and forth with Eurodyne trying to resolve an issue within their software for your particular ECU. We can’t get boost above 22 psi with the Eurodyne software. This is perfect for the 91 octane tune which we are now making 370 whp with. But with the methanol injection activated, we can take advantage of higher boost levels that we currently can’t reach because of the software limitation. At 22 psi with the methanol system activated, we are making 420 whp. I am going to pull the car off the dyno today and schedule time for our team to finish up the suspension bits, ride height, alignment and few other miscellaneous tasks. Once we find a resolution to the software issue, we can revisit that on the dyno. In the meantime, I’d like to wrap up the car and get it back to you so you can shake it down and work out all of the bugs. I’ll update you on the progress.

I can hardly wait to get this thing to the track. 420 is a little shy of what I was going for on my track tune but should still be boat loads of fun and will still surprise a few folks until we can get the boost issue sorted.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I heard from tuner today.....

Hey Larry. I have been going back and forth with Eurodyne trying to resolve an issue within their software for your particular ECU. We can’t get boost above 22 psi with the Eurodyne software. This is perfect for the 91 octane tune which we are now making 370 whp with. But with the methanol injection activated, we can take advantage of higher boost levels that we currently can’t reach because of the software limitation. At 22 psi with the methanol system activated, we are making 420 whp. I am going to pull the car off the dyno today and schedule time for our team to finish up the suspension bits, ride height, alignment and few other miscellaneous tasks. Once we find a resolution to the software issue, we can revisit that on the dyno. In the meantime, I’d like to wrap up the car and get it back to you so you can shake it down and work out all of the bugs. I’ll update you on the progress.

I can hardly wait to get this thing to the track. 420 is a little shy of what I was going for on my track tune but should still be boat loads of fun and will still surprise a few folks until we can get the boost issue sorted.

You need a bigger MAP sensor, that's why it won't read over that boost level.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You need a bigger MAP sensor, that's why it won't read over that boost level.

Well not according to tuner, asked him that. He said Eurodyne has a special setting for the boost control sensor that is supposed to allow them to hit 30psi. He was on the phone with owner of Eurodyne and indicated that it may be some hardcoded limitation in the ECU ver. and that they would work on a solution.

He also told me he took it out for a drive and said the car is blazing and will roast the tires in 3rd gear. Spools almost as early as K04, very little lag.

Note - of course this won't be the first time the obvious answer is denied only to find out later it was the solution. I traded emails with Ryan (HYDE16) who has an EFR7163 using n75 and Eurodyne and he was running 33psi with a 2.5bar map, this was on his MK6 GTI.

370whp - 91oct only
420whp - 91oct and meth - low boost 22psi

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Well not according to tuner, asked him that. He said Eurodyne has a special setting for the boost control sensor that is supposed to allow them to hit 30psi. He was on the phone with owner of Eurodyne and indicated that it may be some hardcoded limitation in the ECU ver. and that they would work on a solution.

He also told me he took it out for a drive and said the car is blazing and will roast the tires in 3rd gear. Spools almost as early as K04, very little lag.

Note - of course this won't be the first time the obvious answer is denied only to find out later it was the solution. I traded emails with Ryan (HYDE16) who has an EFR7163 using n75 and Eurodyne and he was running 33psi with a 2.5bar map, this was on his MK6 GTI.

370whp - 91oct only

420whp - 91oct and meth - low boost 22psi

Read this one[emoji116]my friend, I believe you need the 3bar MAP

I had it with the BWA engine with the GTX28 setup.