GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Retrofits

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All
and the first pics of my car, even though I have had it for nearly 5 years

The car had the standard GT Specification with the original owner only adding the pearl paint as an option.

I have added
Front Armrest with working Rear Vents
Euro Cup holder with bottle opener
Under Seats Storage Draws
Highline Trip Computer
Shark Fin GPS Antenna
Max Convenience Control Module with Rain Closing
TPMS
Low Screen Wash Warning
17" ClassiXs Alloys
Heated Washer Jets
Mk6 Gti Multifunction Steering Wheel
30 Byte CECM for Cornering Fogs
AD CAN Gateway
Cruise Control
GTi Tarten Seats
Factory Parking Sensors
Remote Tailgate Pop / Lift
RNS510 LED with Voice Control and Video in Motion
Mk6 Climate Panel
Mk6 Rear View Camera Badge
Mk6 GTi GearKnob
Edition 30 Handbrake Cover
HeadLight Washers
Chrome Light Switch, mirror dial and switches
Chrome Tip on handbrake and Chrome Glovebox handle
Electric Folding Mirrors with Puddle Light
Door Entry / Warning Light Front and Rear
Illuminated Interior Door Triggers
Rear Footwell Lights
Rear Interior Light with Ambient Lighting
Scirocco Interior Mirror
MDI
Polar FIS Extra Info in the Highline

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I did all of it.
Cost me a lot, but I did it gradually and somethings actually weren't that expensive when your not in a hurry for them and are willing to wait for the right price

VW-MK5

Banned
nice thats almots exactly what i want to do to mine, how did you learn all of this? i want to start using vagcom but i've no idea how to go about it

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
nice thats almots exactly what i want to do to mine, how did you learn all of this? i want to start using vagcom but i've no idea how to go about it

Tbh. this is the most complicated car I have owned, when I first got it I knew nothing about it. Thanks to several great forums, doing research before pulling things apart and a bit of trial and error is how I got to where I am now.

Start with small things and don't be affraid to ask for help.
As far as Vag-com always do an Autoscan before doing any coding changes

VW-MK5

Banned
ahh right, well i'm a few steps behind that, i dont have the cable/equipment you use or the software, do i just copy and past the numbers given on these forums if i wanted to do a particular thing? im thinking of doing the mk6 steering wheel and highline cluster how difficult would you say that was?

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
ahh right, well i'm a few steps behind that, i dont have the cable/equipment you use or the software, do i just copy and past the numbers given on these forums if i wanted to do a particular thing? im thinking of doing the mk6 steering wheel and highline cluster how difficult would you say that was?

If you don't have Vag-com you will at the very least need to find someone that can do the coding and to start with you need to do an Autoscan so you can see what you have fitted and plan from there.

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
is that what you did?

No, I went out and bought it and the first thing I did was enable the low screen wash warning on the dash. Only to find out that there was no sensor installed.:laughabove:

If you plan on doing a lot to your car it is worth the intial investment and I have done several retrofit jobs for others. So it was worth it

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
You have a choice of 2 types of cable

VAG-Com CAN (which only works on newer cars like the mk5
VAG-Com Hex-CAN which works on all Vag cars

If you only plan to work on your car the CAN cable is the best and cheapest option
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html

By buying a genuine cable you will also get support from ross-tech.

VW-MK5

Banned
You have a choice of 2 types of cable

VAG-Com CAN (which only works on newer cars like the mk5
VAG-Com Hex-CAN which works on all Vag cars

If you only plan to work on your car the CAN cable is the best and cheapest option
http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCMC.html

By buying a genuine cable you will also get support from ross-tech.

how do you mean if i only plan to work on my car? as if i wanted to do other models? or will it cover everything for my car?
cheers

Eddie-NL

Passed Driver's Ed
What I mean is that you will be working on Your car (mk5 Golf, Newer CAN based Cars)
The cheaper CAN version won't work on Older cars (mk4 Golf, Passat 3B, cars built before 2004)

You may end up doing jobs for others, once they know you have a cable.
It will cover everything apart from being able to change the immo or the mileage

VW-MK5

Banned
What I mean is that you will be working on Your car (mk5 Golf, Newer CAN based Cars)
The cheaper CAN version won't work on Older cars (mk4 Golf, Passat 3B, cars built before 2004)

You may end up doing jobs for others, once they know you have a cable.
It will cover everything apart from being able to change the immo or the mileage
Whats immo? But Wouldnt i need the mileage one to fit the highline cluster? Thank you