GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My PTE5858

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Is your DSG tuned? Trying to figure out what to do with my trans situation. If you were holding north of 400whp on a stock DSG I might just end up sticking with the DSG. I absolutely love the trans, but feel I'd have to refresh the clutch packs and get a trans cooler setup to keep temps down and keep it reliable on the track. street driving with those numbers is one thing, but track driving is another story. If you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost you to build up the DSG and what do you currently have done to it?

I have Eurodynes dsg file.

- Tune was $500
- Peloquin LSD $1,000ish
- APR clutch packs $1000 (mk7 guy bought em and never installed them so I got a killer deal)

I did all the labor

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Dubsplash was yesterday

And I took home best motor [emoji846]

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Dude you can't win best motor and not post a good picture of your motor!!! Let's see that thing all buttoned up bud!

Congrats by the way, I know most of us left here don't build these as show cars buts it's even more fun when you win a show with a car that's made to be driven not just be pretty.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Dude you can't win best motor and not post a good picture of your motor!!! Let's see that thing all buttoned up bud!

Congrats by the way, I know most of us left here don't build these as show cars buts it's even more fun when you win a show with a car that's made to be driven not just be pretty.

Thanksssss. It's only the 4th show I've been to in the past 9 years lol

Here are 2 recent pics of the bay. I use tapatalk so I'm sorry if the images take up the entire screen if you're on a regular computer.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome build! I'm jealous of the power, and your DSG. I love the feel of a manual transmission, but definitely wish I had a DSG so I could focus on my driving more! Keep up the awesome work!

BTW, ran the 5858 on a fully built 2000 Audi S4 with a 3.0l single turbo conversion. The spool was quite awesome on the 3.0l, and I was running similar boost. When are you seeing the full onset of the boost? Sorry if you answered this in a previous page.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
You need to come out to Illinois and help me clean up my bay. The braided fuel lines look dope af.

It's crazy to me that we all have the same cars and yet each engine bay looks so different.

All you need to do is cut the barb off and weld an AN on there. The larger line is for EVAP too, so if you're not running that you only need one of those lines.

Here's mine:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
That air filter is so tiny.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Awesome build! I'm jealous of the power, and your DSG. I love the feel of a manual transmission, but definitely wish I had a DSG so I could focus on my driving more! Keep up the awesome work!

BTW, ran the 5858 on a fully built 2000 Audi S4 with a 3.0l single turbo conversion. The spool was quite awesome on the 3.0l, and I was running similar boost. When are you seeing the full onset of the boost? Sorry if you answered this in a previous page.

Thanksss [emoji1360]

Boost usually hits 4-4500ish I believe

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
You need to come out to Illinois and help me clean up my bay. The braided fuel lines look dope af.

It's crazy to me that we all have the same cars and yet each engine bay looks so different.

Thanks and Bon qui qui is correct.

Cut it off/ weld it on/ make da line.

You could run the AN line all the way to the fuel filter or run it how I did and added a bundy fitting where it comes into the bay