GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My PTE5858

brundy

Anyway to hook up a voltmeter to see if you are maintaining voltage to the pump? At least you might be able to narrow the search with that info.

If it happens too quickly the meter might not pick it up but it looks like a slow event in the video, could be worth a shot?

An oscope would be nice. They have some cool little cheap ones theses days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Disconnected the cm5 and pm3 n went for a drive... Same outcome.

Maybe j17 relay in position 5???? Or does anybody know what all this is controlling like priming etc?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I think I'm going to reflash the ecu and tcu once I'm off work. The car dying issue didn't start until I made one small change in the dsg flash. Dunno if it's related somehow but might as well give it a shot.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I'm starting to think its not fuel related at all. I've checked all connections and even check the resistance of the wire that goes from the ecu to the connector that plugs to the pwm.

You would think that I would be getting some kind of "low fuel pressure" fault since its dying while driving but that's not the case. This is another reason why I think it's not fuel related.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the power is being lost to the ecu which then is causing the pump to turn off???

So maybe a relay???

I found this guys thread and his post sounds VERY similar to my issue.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187600

In the end he said his issue was a relay for the ecu

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
It's just the engine I believe. I know I still have power steering because when it dies I can still easily turn the wheel.

I've had my Eurodyne logs running when it dies but I don't think it ever loses communication.

I have zero faults stored when I scan it after it dies.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
It's just the engine I believe. I know I still have power steering because when it dies I can still easily turn the wheel.

I've had my Eurodyne logs running when it dies but I don't think it ever loses communication.

I have zero faults stored when I scan it after it dies.

Your theory of losing power at the ECM makes sense then. If the ECM is powered down, it would not be able to record faults. Have you done a full scan to see if there are any other no-comm codes? When you are logging with ED, do you give it a min to see if it loses communication or were you just looking at it right after it dies? If you ran a trace on a few engine parameters, do they freeze at a certain value to continue to read?

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Never really waited long enough after it died to see if it would eventually lose communication. Usually when it would die I would switch ignition off and then back on and look at my fuel pressures because that's what I thought the problem was.

Haven't done a full scan yet but I'm going up to vw today to talk to my friend that's a master tech to see what he says. He has a vag cable so I'll probably borrow it.

613B6

Ready to race!
Check your file, I believe the low pressure faults are set to 0 so they wont trigger.