GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my new to me 2018 Golf R

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Duh that was easy, why would anyone unplug from the battery, when there is a switch . sometimes I guess it helps to read the manual. sigh

I think with the switch you'll have to turn it off every time you get in the car, but if you unplug it it's off for good.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I had to code mine off, even in "race" mode in my '19 the car would quit and unplugging things is not mah style.

And yes, you have to hit the stop/start disable every time you cycle the ignition otherwise.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Duh that was easy, why would anyone unplug from the battery, when there is a switch . sometimes I guess it helps to read the manual. sigh

I can tell you why. I use my car for deliveries and turn it on and off 40 times per day. It got real old real fast hitting that button that many times everyday.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
how does the comfort mode create a softer suspension. Being that the suspension is a standard dampener, not an air suspension.

Strange question, but has anyone converted the to an air suspension on these vehicles? that would be my dream upgrade.
The DCC system controls the damper valves in the suspension. So instead of one fixed setting from the factory like most cars you have multiple to make it softer or harder for performance.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
They do it because the setting does not stick. They have to keep turning it of every time they start the car.
Also, since you are reading the manual, in there it describes the conditions when Start/Stop gets disabled.