GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new car search has begun...

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
MK7 R all the way! Thing is night and day from a MK6, let alone a GTI. Imagine if you lived in darkness your whole life, and saw daylight for the first time ever. That's what being in the MK7 R will be like.

Even if you hate your dealer, just go check it out. Drive it! Smell it? You can always give them the finger and buy it from somewhere else :)

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I am not buying until 2017. I don't want to rush into anything like I did with the VW and end up owning something for 4 years wishing I had gone with something else. I plan to test drive multiple cars, take notes, eliminate, test drive some more, more notes, eliminate more.

Plus, I am trying to get my own consulting company off the ground right now. In other words, I can live with the GTI, because I have more immediate priorities for my time and money.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I am not buying until 2017. I don't want to rush into anything like I did with the VW and end up owning something for 4 years wishing I had gone with something else. I plan to test drive multiple cars, take notes, eliminate, test drive some more, more notes, eliminate more.

Plus, I am trying to get my own consulting company off the ground right now. In other words, I can live with the GTI, because I have more immediate priorities for my time and money.

Whats your realistic budget? I just like pricing up cars for fun so i wanna price up cars with your budget to entertain myself.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Whats your realistic budget? I just like pricing up cars for fun so i wanna price up cars with your budget to entertain myself.

He was looking at a TTS and new those run $55 and change.

I'm going to guess a ceiling of $60? If it were a used TTS, I'd drop that ceiling down to $45.

(Curious, if I'm at all close! lol)

Last edited:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
He was looking at a TTS and new those run $55 and change.

I'm going to guess a ceiling of $60? If it were a used TTS, I'd drop that ceiling down to $45.

(Curious, if I'm at all close! lol)

You are correct, the top end of my budget should be $60k as long as nothing takes a nosedive. One stream of revenue slowed down, so I started another. It has the potential to replace my full-time job down the road!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You are correct, the top end of my budget should be $60k as long as nothing takes a nosedive. One stream of revenue slowed down, so I started another. It has the potential to replace my full-time job down the road!

International Arms dealer? Lol I kid.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
International Arms dealer? Lol I kid.

I'm a CPA with 10 years of ERP systems implementation experience and 10 years of public accounting. The consulting companies kept trying to lowball me on salary so I started my own consulting company. I also have someone trying to sell me their CPA practice, but I am on the fence about that one.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm a CPA with 10 years of ERP systems implementation experience and 10 years of public accounting. The consulting companies kept trying to lowball me on salary so I started my own consulting company. I also have someone trying to sell me their CPA practice, but I am on the fence about that one.
Thats actually really impressive.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
New. My last used car was a nightmare and I prefer to NEVER go through that again.

Thus far I want to evaluate the Challenger SRT8 or R/T Scat, M2, SS, and Golf R. I like the size of the GTI but I don't care for FWD and its limitations.

IF I go used, I may consider a Z06 or Stingray if I get the history on it.

JT641

Banned
New. My last used car was a nightmare and I prefer to NEVER go through that again.

Thus far I want to evaluate the Challenger SRT8 or R/T Scat, M2, SS, and Golf R. I like the size of the GTI but I don't care for FWD and its limitations.

IF I go used, I may consider a Z06 or Stingray if I get the history on it.

Always get a PPI=Pre Purchase Inspection even if it's CPO also you can always buy a warranty for a used car if it's not CPO

I can't afford to go New on some of the cars I'm looking at and some are no longer in production So Used or CPO is the only way to go

Considered the SS but was disappointed when I found out that unless you change the gearing no matter how much power you add to it your not going much over 165mph Checkout You Tube Where this supercharged SS tried it on a closed road :(