GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My MKV vs Genesis 3.8 New body style

Rickyfinch

Passed Driver's Ed
So a new body style Genesis Coupe ran up beside me today. We ran three times, the first two he left way early and I was in drive with the AC on. The third, we were caught at a light and I was able to use launch control. The light turned green and we left at the same time as far as I could tell. I jumped out about a half a car and it stayed that way until about 95-100 mph. Then he slowly eased passed. I am counting that as a win. The kid in the Genesis could drive, he power shifted every time and didn't spin much off the line. We exchanged pleasantries long enough to find out he had the 3.8 and that it was a 6 speed.

I got my rpms up for launch control turned back on traction control, and left about 2k. It's something I've been fooling around with trying to get my car to stop spinning and it seems to be working. As long as I leave at 2k she seems to be leaving well and not using much of the TC. Has anyone else done this?

My MKV has a stage one UM tune, eBay DP, and as of today a Godspeed eBay intercooler, the one that fits in the stock position. It seemed to be working well, I didn't notice hearsoak as I would've with the stock IC.

Not bad for a econo box, lol.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
My coworker has a new one and we did a couple runs together and I am much faster than her (but that is to be expected with my setup) I launched at around 1200 using LC and my TC of the entire time. Stickier/wider tires or an LSD is the only thing that will lessen them spinning. I am actually going to a 245/40/17 from a 235/45/17 tomorrow. Good run

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Good run OP and well said vegas stickier/wider tires is necessary off the line in our FWDLOL cars. I've also noticed DSG tune helps too, but for me it's the other way around I prefer higher rpm launches. Before the tune I used to launch at 3k, DSG tune has upped that to 4k and it launches better with less wheel spin.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah highest i have gone with LC is about 1500 rpm. I just do not see a need for me to rush to a stoplight and i have never taken this car to the drags. But even at the 1200-1500rpm launch the car is so much faster off the line and does not bog down and make my tires bounce and chirp which amounts to zero acceleration. I noticed a massive difference in stability and traction when i went to the 235's. Very excited to see how 1/2 in wider wheels and 245's will do.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Really stupid question... but we have launch control on MKV's?
Some dsg models do. Manual well yeah lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
I believe LC was standard for 2007 and newer. y buddy had an 06 and it did not come with LC but the dealer was able to install newer software to get LC