GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My MKV GTI build thread

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
The last track day was horrible. I couldn't stop at all and I had lots of understeer (because I couldn't get my braking done before the corners!). I've since done a brake bleed and also adjusted the damper settings on the Cross Competition coils from 8/8 to 8/12. Yesterday I hit a different track (Eastern Creek International Raceway) and the car felt much more neutral, my brakes worked too!

Just a few more images:

A wet track acts as an equaliser. I kept up with this GT3 RS for 4 laps and I overtook that GTR!

A little rubbing in the rear hehe.

Was wet for most of the day out there, but one session saw a dry line and I was getting faster and faster every lap which is a good thing.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Talk about EXTREME.... damn nice! Those are the clearest pics I have ever seen on this site mate.

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
Update!

Out with the old (left and right engine mounts and water bottle filler tube).

In with the new! BSH (USA) Complete Billet Mount Package.
BSH Engine Mount
BSH Transmission Mount
BSH Pendulum Mount (Includes Torque Mount Insert)

Right engine mount installed. Came with new bolts too (nice).

BSH Pendulum Mount (Includes Torque Mount Insert)

Forge Motorsport (UK) catch can installed. Unfortunately the sexy little Forge water bottle canister couldn't fit as my HID covers are a lot wider than the newer model HID covers which are made of rubber (my one is plastic). I'll see what I can do about this ASAP.

Greddy (Japan) sensor adaptor.

52mm Defi Gauges (Japan) in NewSouth (UK) pod holder.

Lights on WHITE.

Or RED!

Controller.

Controller lit up.

Review and issues

- Gauges are so awesome and change the vibe of the cabin enormously (much more serious!). I'm still torn between the red and white settings!

- As soon as I started the engine I felt a lot more vibrations (to be expected of-course). The once small rattle from the passenger side door rubbing up against where it meets the dash is much louder now and what's most changed is that I can actually hear the engine! It's loud and sounds like a truck. It's amazing how much engine noise is now transferred to the cabin because of the new engine mounts.

- Car feels more responsive off a standing start.

- I've lost a LOT of power. The battery was disconnected today so I instantly assumed that I had lost my REVO tune. I pulled over, turned the car off and on again and nothing, no power at all. I did a lot of googling and found that indeed my REVO tune has reverted out of performance mode and into a stock like mode. I've read I can buy a REVO SPS controller to switch it back myself whenever I unplug the battery or I can just drop in to see George at VW Village (where I got it flashed) and he can do it without charge (now I understand why people suggest to go with a tuner close by!!!). To be honest it's nice to feel the difference between the stock ECU and the REVO tune which is absolutely light and day, so much so the car now feels mega retarded.

- Seats: I thought I had everything ready to go but I'm missing the side mounts! Sorting it out though so all good.

Also a few more pics my mate Mark Pakula took at the last track day at Eastern Creek.

More of his amazing work here:
http://www.markpakula.com/

mkhighfive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti mkv
that is amazing! and an awesome R too!

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
Just another update:

Unfortunately the side mounts are on back order and will take another 3 weeks to come so I'm going to have to sit tight. I bought a pair but here's a couple of shots of one of them:

The seats weigh a weenie 6.94kg each (excluding seat hardware which I will weigh up once it's all here).