GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My MKV GTI build thread

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Kudos to you man! A true track monster! Unlike majority of the Gti's on this site. Love it

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
Cheers guys!

How was the evo compared to your GTI? Was evo quicker than ur GTI on the track

EVO was quicker by a second but it was hard to get the EVO to get that time. Just understeered a lot, suspension/alignment set-up wasn't right and needed tweaking.

The Golf on the other hand was set up perfectly and so so so much more fun to drive on the limit than the EVO.

barische

Go Kart Champion
Cheers guys!

EVO was quicker by a second but it was hard to get the EVO to get that time. Just understeered a lot, suspension/alignment set-up wasn't right and needed tweaking.

The Golf on the other hand was set up perfectly and so so so much more fun to drive on the limit than the EVO.

That is hard to believe knowing all the advantages of evo, AWD, bigger tuning market, ability to put down bigger power. Impressive that GTI can keep up w/ EVOs

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
My stage 2 08 gti can keep up with stage 2 subaru's with no problem. I thought i was going to get walked but i won once and tied the second race. Not too bad.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
^ not sure if trolling...

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
Being 100% serious. Tuned gti's don't get the credit they should. And i've beatin a 350z, and a stage 2 srt4.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Being 100% serious. Tuned gti's don't get the credit they should. And i've beatin a 350z, and a stage 2 srt4.

Yeah, I can agree with that. :thumbsup:

I thought you might be trolling because comparing track-monster fully built racecars around a racetrack with a mild Stage 2 car going in a straight line is pretty much an apples-to-oranges comparison. I see your point though; I wasn't trying to be a dick.

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
I understand man. And it's werid. My car HATES the winter and LOVES the warm weather. (very off topic) But when it was 23 degrees outside, it almost stalled out(i have the dsg) and since it's been summer, the turbo seems to spool up faster. I don't know why, but i love it.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I understand man. And it's werid. My car HATES the winter and LOVES the warm weather. (very off topic) But when it was 23 degrees outside, it almost stalled out(i have the dsg) and since it's been summer, the turbo seems to spool up faster. I don't know why, but i love it.

Do you have an upgraded intercooler? Definitely helps keep our cars fast relative to other cars when the weather gets hot. Most cars start to fall flat on their faces with heat. My GTI with an ATP FMIC is much faster than it used to be in hot weather, even though it still runs faster in cooler weather. I attribute that to the bigger IC.

I've seen cars that perform similar to mine in cool weather fall off in their performance relative to mine on a hot day. For example, my friend's Stage 2 TSI CC ran remarkably close to my K04 GTI when I ran him on the highway during the winter, but I was much faster than him in a similar pull about a week ago when the air temps were around 80 degrees F. He has a stock IC, and complains that his performance has really suffered in this heat. Mine still feels pretty damn strong year round, but it used to feel like a turd when it was hot out, til I got the IC.

Maximum6

FASTER
I have a few questions.

Did you experience any overheating of your brakes?

What did you do to your fog light area? Did you water proof/wrap all the fog light open wires?

With the recaro pole position seats, what mounts and equipment did you use to make your seat work?

Thanks