GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My K04 dyno numbers

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Went and had the k04 dyno'd today. Im a little disappointed in the numbers, but it was on a mustang dyno so maybe that explains it. Still on stock ic, and i will dyno after upgrading. I still have to upgrade my fuel return valve so maybe that will also help me net higher numbers. 279.3 whp @ 6406 rpm, 277.9 wtq @3621 rpm.

Attachments

• dyno 1 001.jpg
    dyno 1 001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,615
  • dyno 2 001 jpeg.jpg
    dyno 2 001 jpeg.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,317

Zach L

VR junkie
Sorry to hear! :/

Even if someone gave me a K04 for free, I don't think the minimal power upgrade would be worth the hassle of installing it. Hopefully you'll get better results with the intercooler and fuel valve.

GG3P

Eurocars is a ***got
On a mustang those are great numbers on a stock IC. Once he gets an S3 IC and gets his fueling issues worked out, I think we can easily see 320whp+ on a dynojet.

Zach L

VR junkie
Once he gets an S3 IC and gets his fueling issues worked out, I think we can easily see 320whp+ on a dynojet.

yeah....

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Sorry to hear! :/

Even if someone gave me a K04 for free, I don't think the minimal power upgrade would be worth the hassle of installing it. Hopefully you'll get better results with the intercooler and fuel valve.

Sorry to hear?? Those are GREAT numbers for that dyno. For reference, two local guys on this forum (Dybz and G60 Corrado) both had their cars dynoed there like 2 weeks ago. Both are stage 2, one TSI, one FSI, one 6MT, one DSG. Both made around 220whp. That being said making 280whp on the same dyno is amazing, especially for stock IC and beinf FSI. The Stage 2 TSI even had an S3 IC for reference. Dont be down on your numbers man, I was VERY impressed to see you made that kind of power. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Dybz (Stage 2 TSI with S3 IC) made 222whp

Zach L

VR junkie
For reference, two local guys on this forum (Dybz and Corrodo g60) both had their cars dynoed there like 2 weeks ago. Both are stage 2, one TSI, one FSI, one 6MT, one DSG. Both made around 125whp or a little less.

Stage 2 making 125whp?!? ...I would have been thinking failing dyno or failing engine

I guess I'm clueless:frown:

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 making 125whp?!? ...I would have been thinking failing dyno or failing engine

I guess I'm clueless:frown:

Typo....225...

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
i think matt made somewhere around 220 also

Yea I think he actually made 220 on the dot if I'm not mistaken. Either way great numbers man. Makes me want a K04 even more.

Zach L

VR junkie
Then I reiterate my original opinion. I just don't think I could be happy swapping ANY turbo on my car unless I gained 100+whp. It's just not worth the time ...I'd rather wait, save, and buy something bigger. Like I said before, hopefully the issues get worked out for you. If it were my own car, I think I'd be somewhat satisfied IF the 320whp figure was attained. Anything less wouldn't be worth the turbo swap IMO.

How much do you think a DynoJet would have shown?

Rich241

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Just for reference there was also a K04 GLI with a custom GIAC tune that only put out around 10whp more then eurocars APR K04 tune. That was on the this same dyno on the same day. 280whp is good for on a mustang dyno while still on the stock IC, keep in mind there were 3 MKV's (2 FSI apr stg 2 and 1 TSI apr stg2) that all put out the same numbers 220-222whp on the same dyno during the dyno day. I believe he could have easily saw 300whp if he had gotten on a more "generous" dynojet.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
i'm actually going to say those numbers suck. why? look at the dyno graph, there is something seriously messed up over 5700 rpm. i could definitely see something over 290 if not 300 once that's fixed up, whether it's from your fueling or restricted airflow or whatever.

on another note, how was it in the shop today? cold? warm? did they have the door closed and the heater on or something?