GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My "House" Build

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Late September/early October 2015 garage door replacement

The existing garage door I had wasn't in too bad of shape, but the entire mechanism was shot. I got a quote from ASAP Garage Doors for around $575 with a new garage door, track, bushings, etc. What a difference. The old spring would "skip" every time I went to open or close it. It was rather sketch.

A month later, I decided to buy an insulation kit from Lowes and installed it myself. That was rather fun lol. It does help a bit in both the summer and the winter. While I was at it, my dad helped reinforce the garage door opener itself with an x beam pattern. We had different plans to mount an additional metal bar on the ceiling itself, but my garage ceiling has a false ceiling to it and the studs don't grab onto anything but drywall. And yes, I realize the opener itself is from the 90's and loud as hell, but until it completely fails, it does the job.

Last but not least, I upgraded from a full bed to a king bed. Hand me down from my parents when they upgraded to a new king bed set. I just had to buy a new mattress and box springs. Love it.

Last edited:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
March 2016 water heater replacement

The old water heater was from 2000 and had unbelievable sediment buildup. It was not leaking, but it was just a matter of time... I had the valve upgraded as well.

I finally got around to cutting this the old sink vanity.