GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI vs 240SX DET

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
You're a brave man posting a thread like this here. Kudos to you:thumbsup: I'm sure your fast was thanking you though.
P.S. Prepare for a beating:laugh:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
utoh...this should be interesting...lol

btw...sr20det's or even the dett's arent that popular anymore...people still do them...but now its kids running around with RB25's and RB26's atleast down in south florida...but if it had an RB i highly doubt u would have caught him at all

ive been in many many 240's with RB's and they pull like a mad man...a light 240 with an RB in it with some work is a very badass ride

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Having owned an '99 S14a 200sx (or 240sx as you guys call them over there), we actually had the SR20DET straight from the factory. If it were stock for stock then it'd be a pretty good run, but with a turbo back exhaust and increased boost (they only run about 7psi stock) to about 12psi on the Nissan, they are capable of mid-high 13's so it'd be a big challenge. Our versions were detuned compared to the JDM models due to the fuel quality we have here, but my friend's JDM S15 with a turbo back exhaust and increased boost managed to run a 13.2 1/4 mile so they are quick!

jhayregz

Touring Car Champion
sublyme said:
Having owned an '99 S14a 200sx (or 240sx as you guys call them over there), we actually had the SR20DET straight from the factory. If it were stock for stock then it'd be a pretty good run, but with a turbo back exhaust and increased boost (they only run about 7psi stock) to about 12psi on the Nissan, they are capable of mid-high 13's so it'd be a big challenge. Our versions were detuned compared to the JDM models due to the fuel quality we have here, but my friend's JDM S15 with a turbo back exhaust and increased boost managed to run a 13.2 1/4 mile so they are quick!

ahhh all this talk brings me back to my roots:wub:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
yea...ive been thinking about getting like a 91 or 92 or even maybe a 98...and building it with a RB26 and decking it out...i just dont know what i want...S13 or S14....i love the old school style of the s13 but who knows

i need money first...lol...either way...those are some sweet cars...thats why i loved hanging out with my friends back home....alot of them hadn skylines and silvia's...it was mad fun

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Please do. Not every member is going to go to a track. Whether it be a course or a 1/4 mile. Just aint gonna happen. However, you can be assured that majority of your GTI owners are going to run there cars hard from time to time. Do you really think everyone bought this car so they could take it to a track. I haven't street raced mine yet. I'm just saying....lets be realistic on our expected outcomes.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I don't really care if anyone wants to beat on me. I just know he could not pull from me from top of 3rd til deep into 5th. I have no idea what turbo/engine he had residing under the hood, I just know it was without a doubt turbocharged. I only wish I had video coverage as I know no one believes it unless they see it themselves. I do not condone this type of behavior, the adrenaline just got the best of me. I will take mine to the track to lay some numbers down for fun. For all I know, I guess it could have been a turbo kit on the stock 2.4 detonating all the way down the road. Sure ran good though.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
scuderiavw said:
you guys are funny:laugh: I do not expect everyone to go to track, which actually, and truely costs way cheaper than putting springs on your car. I am 28 and i get fired up a lot of times when driving, just keep myself under control. Different folks different strokes....

good to hear that...im happy to see u come to a happy medium