GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My DaiLy_ProJecT • Golf MKV GT

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Random, I was poking around in your audi build thread. Where did you find those plastic inserts for the speed holes in the rear bumper?

Here in Greece.
Let me know the sizes you want and I might fix you up.

PS: you cant begin to imagine the amount of people that have asked me about those since I updated my build thread back then.
I chose to not help all of them copying this idea. I love your project though mate, and I would love to help, so feel free to send me the dimensions and I will try to find them when I have time from hospital.

Regards

Mike

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Here in Greece.
Let me know the sizes you want and I might fix you up.

PS: you cant begin to imagine the amount of people that have asked me about those since I updated my build thread back then.
I chose to not help all of them copying this idea. I love your project though mate, and I would love to help, so feel free to send me the dimensions and I will try to find them when I have time from hospital.

Regards

Mike

not sure on dimensions yet, just have been toying with the idea of doing it so I was looking around for parts. By the way, have you heard or worked with etuners at all? I was told by a friend to check them out for help with tuning my car http://www.e-tuners.com/

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
not sure on dimensions yet, just have been toying with the idea of doing it so I was looking around for parts. By the way, have you heard or worked with etuners at all? I was told by a friend to check them out for help with tuning my car http://www.e-tuners.com/

Heard, is an understatement.
Not only have I heard of them, but they are good friends of mine to begin with.
I know the two e-tuners guys, from back in the days when they started together. They were the first guys that tuned my Golf GT, 1,4TSI engine and they had also tuned my Audi, and my friend's BT GTI which was one of the first to be done ever.

They became known not only in Greece, but also around the world these last years. They have also tuned the Golf MK6 R, of my friend Stefan from Romania, Tfsi engine, that made about 780hp :)
I have a feeling you will be seeing a video footage of that car, pretty soon.

If you want my opinion, and want your car to work like it should, contact them, and I am sure they will look into your very serious project.

The ECU of the donor car you saw above was also unlocked from them :) :thumbsup:

Feel free to shoot me a pm if anything more, I'd be glad to help

Mike

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Heard, is an understatement.
Not only have I heard of them, but they are good friends of mine to begin with.
I know the two e-tuners guys, from back in the days when they started together. They were the first guys that tuned my Golf GT, 1,4TSI engine and they had also tuned my Audi, and my friend's BT GTI which was one of the first to be done ever.

They became known not only in Greece, but also around the world these last years. They have also tuned the Golf MK6 R, of my friend Stefan from Romania, Tfsi engine, that made about 780hp :)
I have a feeling you will be seeing a video footage of that car, pretty soon.

If you want my opinion, and want your car to work like it should, contact them, and I am sure they will look into your very serious project.

The ECU of the donor car you saw above was also unlocked from them :) :thumbsup:

Feel free to shoot me a pm if anything more, I'd be glad to help

Mike

glad to know i'll be in good hands. I look forward to working with them and finally get my car going the right way. If I have any questions, i'll be sure to send you a pm

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
So let's pick up from where we left

Here is a pic of the quick fix we did on the exhaust .Not looking pretty, but will definitely do the job for now, bringing together the 3' downpipe with the 2' catback.

The remaining front axle went on next

And then it was time for the mishimoto

Fitment was tight

And the GT A/C piping would not work, it needed the GTi piping.
Didnt see that coming, given the A/C Compressor is the same. So, luckily for me, I grabbed Tom's piping, who has long ago removed his A/C piping, hehe

Now you see the induction scoop

Now you dont

Car got somewhat filthy from all these days in the shop

Fixed that with a quick going over

Then, it was time for the electrical work - it was tricky - but if you know your thing, and want it to be done, it can be done, bossy style - no errors no nothing, all oem stuff. Some randoms pics

Then I took piece from the back of the firewall

Can you guess that is unacceptable for my tastes ?

So removed the . . . thing , cleaned it, and had this to begin with

Which after some serious effort and time, became this

Installed in place to see how it came out

Yeap, looking good

Then, the front custom mesh was looking a bit tired

Nothing I cant fix

Painted and came out great and fresh again

Bought some new parts

Replaced the first one - because it was damaged

Then the upper one - old vs new to be installed

And then I changed the appearance of the radiator fans a bit

From this