Here is a pic of the quick fix we did on the exhaust .Not looking pretty, but will definitely do the job for now, bringing together the 3' downpipe with the 2' catback.
The remaining front axle went on next
And then it was time for the mishimoto
Fitment was tight
And the GT A/C piping would not work, it needed the GTi piping.
Didnt see that coming, given the A/C Compressor is the same. So, luckily for me, I grabbed Tom's piping, who has long ago removed his A/C piping, hehe
Now you see the induction scoop
Now you dont
Car got somewhat filthy from all these days in the shop
Fixed that with a quick going over
Then, it was time for the electrical work - it was tricky - but if you know your thing, and want it to be done, it can be done, bossy style - no errors no nothing, all oem stuff. Some randoms pics
Then I took piece from the back of the firewall
Can you guess that is unacceptable for my tastes ?
So removed the . . . thing , cleaned it, and had this to begin with
Which after some serious effort and time, became this
Installed in place to see how it came out
Yeap, looking good
Then, the front custom mesh was looking a bit tired
Nothing I cant fix
Painted and came out great and fresh again
Bought some new parts
Replaced the first one - because it was damaged
Then the upper one - old vs new to be installed
And then I changed the appearance of the radiator fans a bit
So, nice things have been happening during the past few days.
First of all, I am enjoying the car, with the new engine, already done some serious mileage, and everything seems well sorted out, just like i wanted it to.
It must be running 300-ish now, and it is fun to drive.
I hate the fwd combined with some torque, but hey, never mind that. For now.
Remember back in the days that I had installed the Thule Aeroblades ?
Well they went there for a reason.
Here is the main reason.
Thule Dynamic 900
The most sporty, aerodynamic and sleek roof box
Sporty, aerodynamically streamlined design with diffuser technology to optimize air flow around the box and a roof-hugging baseline to fit your car roof perfectly.
Pre-installed Power-Click quick-mount system with integrated torque indicator for fast and secure fitting using one hand only.
Dual-Side opening with outside lid handles for convenient mounting, loading and unloading.
Central locking system provides maximum safety. The grip-friendly Thule Comfort key can only be removed if all locking points are securely closed.
It was not cheap, to be honest, but if I were to add something on the top, I just wanted the best out there, concerning capacity, quality, looks and aerodynamics.
Then we welcomed May with some mountain climbing
It was great practice and fun !!
Then I found this on my new Supra Diff
Mini suspension . . . . or . . .
Destroyed key maybe - lets fix that
And then I installed my Boost gauge - going old school like I wanted
Have to add the lines, and lighting, but getting there
So, knowing me by now, you guys must know that I always have ideas. So one of them that I wanted to go through with, was the movement of the battery to the trunk. Better weight distribution, cleaner engine bay, and more space to put potentially bigger things in the future to come. Who knows.
So lets see how it went
Removed the battery, and the battery tray - wont be missed little fella
This is where we will be working for this project
Removed and modified oem wiring first
Do everything clean and tidy to be on the safe side for ever
Ran all the wiring inside the cabin, hidden and tucked and then figured a way to mount the battery
This is a Jeep Wrangler battery mount we had from on of our Jeeps.
Battery mount, and place for the negative side of battery, welded in place
Cut this, so as to fit
And my trim shop will make a cover for it, soon to follow