GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Build Thread (bags, bbs, BT, ect...)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Random question, what bushing are you using in your BSH pendulum mount?

The one in the subframe is the Volkswagen Racing one, the one in the pendulum itself is the delrin one that Eurocars made a while back.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Also got the downpipe made this weekend.

projectDIY

I'm with you now, thats the crossover pipe that you have cut and welded the AN fitting to. What did you do with the port that goes from the thermostat housing to the water/vaccum pipe connector? Block it off?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
You can't block that off unfortunately, and if you're planning on having heat, that is something you'll need to keep there. However you can modify it to remove the vacuum pass through, but you'll also need that if you're planning on running the vacuum pump with the stock hoses to the brake booster.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
This is great!! So what's next on the list?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Break in the engine at low boost, and a lot of finishing/cleanup type stuff is left.

projectDIY

Ive only just read the whole build thread. What happened to the DAP video updates? Have you got any pics of the engine bay with the coolant tank and rad hard pipe plumbed in?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Ive only just read the whole build thread. What happened to the DAP video updates? Have you got any pics of the engine bay with the coolant tank and rad hard pipe plumbed in?

We have more videos coming out soon. :cool:

Don't actually have any other pictures of the engine bay. I'll try and take some tonight.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Whoops forgot to take more pictures, sorry. Should be around the car again Saturday.

In the meantime we made a video about the car, covering some of the work done on it. A bit different from the rest of the series, but oh well. Hope you don't hate me too much I'm not usually on camera :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_awPaoB67AE

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Very nice!